lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-06-2013, 04:32 PM   #21
JMGreco
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: First build 07 TXT 48 V

Mike, following your build has been enjoyable - looks like a really nice project with a great budget to work with. I am thinking about a long travel front suspension, wondering why you went with Allsport instead of Jake's?
JMGreco is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-06-2013, 04:43 PM   #22
mike777
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMGreco View Post
Mike, following your build has been enjoyable - looks like a really nice project with a great budget to work with. I am thinking about a long travel front suspension, wondering why you went with Allsport instead of Jake's?
lots of reading/ studying builds,threads etc. Allsport seemed like the one for me, not to mention got a good deal imo on tire/ rim/ lift combo from 3R , prob would have been happy with either
mike777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:04 PM   #23
beach cart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I went with the Jakes, simply liked the looks better, but if you talk to all sports first give them your front end width they will build it so front and back tires width same
beach cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:19 AM   #24
JMGreco
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thank you both for the feedback.
Old 10-22-2013, 12:30 AM   #25
mike777
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

hooray the Allsports long travel FINALLY arrived today, I decided to waste no time and jump right on the install, the front went pretty good even with the not so good instructions,(minimal) there were no instructions whatsoever for the rear, I had to guess how it went, I think I got it right..... no pointers for adjusting/ setting up the steering or shocks the shocks look like real nice quality, took it for a quick spin, will take a good run tomorrow with some offroad and report back
still waiting on rear bumper with hitch, brush guard, and still deciding on rear rack
here a pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 3 (13)cart!.jpg (238.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-22-2013, 06:57 AM   #26
JMGreco
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Mike - looks great, nice job. How much track width did you get with the LT suspension? Looking forward to your next report.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:59 AM   #27
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

mike....please let us know how fast it will go now....are your tires 23"? if so, other than your reversing contactors, our builds are nearly the same.....other than mine is 36v and have a speed motor, and would like to know how fast yours goes with 48v.....
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:59 AM   #28
mike777
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMGreco View Post
Mike - looks great, nice job. How much track width did you get with the LT suspension? Looking forward to your next report.
its not super noticeable, but it looks like around 2"
Old 10-22-2013, 10:02 AM   #29
mike777
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
mike....please let us know how fast it will go now....are your tires 23"? if so, other than your reversing contactors, our builds are nearly the same.....other than mine is 36v and have a speed motor, and would like to know how fast yours goes with 48v.....
23" tires, and i'll let you know top speed, want to try and figure out my toe in and if there is any camber adjustments needed as well
Old 10-22-2013, 10:26 AM   #30
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike777 View Post
23" tires, and i'll let you know top speed, want to try and figure out my toe in and if there is any camber adjustments needed as well
I know what you mean.....seeing as how I have a high speed motor.....I already run 27 MPH on 36v.....in a few years when the pack starts to go, I will most likely go up to 48v and then this thing will really fly. I would pick up about 5-8 mph.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO