lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-09-2013, 11:19 PM   #1
sleepyluke
Gone Wild

Default Controller solenoid hookup

Ok, I am hooking up alltrax 500 and solenoid from ScottyB! 2questions before I turn it on. I have swapped to all 2 guage.

Solenoid - can the big resistor touch the top of the solenoid? Seems to be the only way it will go.

Stupid but 400a that looks like wood is the fuse I think. One I saw is actually on the + post. No way to hook into wiring. Is this the fuse and just attach with one side?

Also yellow/red to small + post and blue to other but diagram seems to have black/blue. Can this be small blue to small matched to big post same side? I can't seem to find a real picture but know I have seen one.

I know a coule of somewhat basic questions but just checking. Thanks.
sleepyluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-10-2013, 06:58 AM   #2
eflyguy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Controller solenoid hookup

You can see my fuse installed on the -ve side of the battery pack, above.
The resistor can touch the plastic side of the solonoid.
..a
eflyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:36 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The resistor can touch the solenoid = no problem.

Wait - more to come... ok
See the install diagram below for clarification on the small wires to the activation circuit.

Make sure you keep the wires in the same groups or bunches they were in originally. If you had black and blue on one side and yellow and red on the other originally then that is how they will go on the new solenoid.

The stripped end on the diode lands on the small post with the red or yellow wire on an EZGO.

Place the Fuse in line as shown between the main negative cable and the battery as shown, or between the main negative cable and the B- terminal on the controller.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Resistor & Diode 5-13.jpg (286.0 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 09:49 AM   #4
sleepyluke
Gone Wild

Thanks for the pic and explanation. Diagram is easy to follow just wated to make sure with only one small wire on blue side. Good on resistor touching. I have worked with my dad and tinkering with electrical stuff but have never seen a fuse like that. Should be running by the afternoon! Thanks guys.
Old 11-10-2013, 10:14 AM   #5
sleepyluke
Gone Wild

Sorry got it
Old 11-10-2013, 08:24 PM   #6
sleepyluke
Gone Wild

Hopefully somebody will still read this.

Got the controller hooked up and went for a test drive with no fire, worked good and all is good in the world. One problem/question: now the voltage meter does not turn off with the key. Only way to turn it off is tow mode. Is this normal? Or is it controlled by the old controller differently?
Old 11-10-2013, 08:32 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Which battery meter is it?

Check to see that the meter is wired in the same place it was before the upgrade. It should operate as it did before.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 10:27 PM   #8
sleepyluke
Gone Wild

Only difference is addition of fuse on + side. Meter was on it when i got it, stock ezgo meter. Has a black and red wire to battery pack that i actually zip tied to make sure they went back correctly. Seems weird to me. I am going to track it tomorrow but it did not seem right so far.
Old 11-11-2013, 01:02 PM   #9
azTony
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I keep mine on all the time so I can see at a glance when parked what the voltage is. I use it to monitor the voltage after the cart is turned off after a ride (Thanks JohnnyB!!).
azTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO