lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-17-2013, 02:37 PM   #21
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Few questions for RXV

Quote:
Originally Posted by catmcaw View Post
JohnnieB
Are you a fan of the 6x8 set-up for the RXV?
I'm a PDS guy and my RXV knowledge is limited, but I am a fan of using the highest AH batteries that are possible and practical in a cart for two reasons.
1. Longer run-time (Range).
2. Longer battery lifespan.

Regardless whether you use 12V or 8V batteries, you have twenty-four 2V cells in a 48V battery pack.
There is a little overlap in the AH ratings of 12V and 8V batteries, so you can have a 48V pack made up of premium grade 12V batteries that actually has more AH than a pack made up of economy grade 8V batteries, but a 48V pack made up of Ranger 160 (204AH 8V) is the highest AH pack you can put in an RXV without extensive battery placement modifications other than the battery tray itself.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-18-2013, 05:37 PM   #22
Lone Star
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Few questions for RXV

I spoke to DeltaQ and they stated that my charger did not have 10 preset algorithms-only one as specified by EZGO. #38 which is for Trojan batteries.

He also said their method of "maintenance" they feel is better than "float" and my charger would be fine left plugged in during absences.
Lone Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO