lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-20-2013, 10:00 AM   #1
RobertAtl
Not Yet Wild

Default DCS FNR switch

Okay guys, I've read till I'm blue in the face and I need some help.
I have a 2001 cart with a PDS/regen motor and a Curtis 300 controller 36 volts. I know its PDS as I have the the freedom chip installed and I know its a regen motor as I have the different sized lugs and the wire coming out, plus it slows going down hills.

Here is my confusion/question whatever you want to call it.

I'm looking at picking up an alltrax 400DCX controller (just because )

The FNR switch is of the DCS type, down by the leg and the hockey puck on the back with the 2 micro switches and the buzzer.

I was thinking of replacing (not sure if its required?) but I'm not sure of what to replace with. Can I just put the switch in the dash or do I put something different where the current one is or what do I do????

Thanks
RobertAtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-20-2013, 10:03 AM   #2
RobertAtl
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: DCS FNR switch

One other thing to note. I can be going along in forward and then all of a sudden it will "stop" and the runaway buzzer will sound. I have to come to a stop and then startup again.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:51 AM   #3
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertAtl View Post
One other thing to note. I can be going along in forward and then all of a sudden it will "stop" and the runaway buzzer will sound. I have to come to a stop and then startup again.
Sounds like maybe a speed sensor problem (do ezgos have them?) or a FR switch problem, making the cart think it's been shifted into neutral or reverse while driving forward.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:17 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Okay guys, I've read till I'm blue in the face and I need some help.
I have a 2001 cart with a PDS/regen motor and a Curtis 300 controller 36 volts. I know its PDS as I have the the freedom chip installed and I know its a regen motor as I have the different sized lugs and the wire coming out, plus it slows going down hills.

Here is my confusion/question whatever you want to call it.

I'm looking at picking up an alltrax 400DCX controller (just because )

The FNR switch is of the DCS type, down by the leg and the hockey puck on the back with the 2 micro switches and the buzzer.

I was thinking of replacing (not sure if its required?) but I'm not sure of what to replace with. Can I just put the switch in the dash or do I put something different where the current one is or what do I do????

Thanks
The PDS to DCX adapter may be a problem.
Does your PDS controller have five jacks on the front?
Does the control wiring match this schematic exactly, except for the F/R switch being different?

The DCS hockey puck type F/R works differently than the PDS F/R switch, so it will have to be replaced with a DTSP/center OFF switch.
(With the Hockey Puck system, one microswitch is on in both F and R and the other is only on in R. Which is how the microswitches on a series type F/R assemble work.)

It would be best to contact scottyb at Carts Unlimited or call Alltrax.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - PDS.JPG (64.6 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:21 AM   #5
RobertAtl
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
The PDS to DCX adapter may be a problem.
Does your PDS controller have five jacks on the front?
Does the control wiring match this schematic exactly, except for the F/R switch being different?

The DCS hockey puck type F/R works differently than the PDS F/R switch, so it will have to be replaced with a DTSP/center OFF switch.
(With the Hockey Puck system, one microswitch is on in both F and R and the other is only on in R. Which is how the microswitches on a series type F/R assemble work.)

It would be best to contact scottyb at Carts Unlimited or call Alltrax.

Yes my controller does have five jacks on the front. Only difference that I can tell is the FNR switch.
Old 11-20-2013, 12:07 PM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I might be wrong about the way the microswitches work on the hockey puck type F/R used in a PDS cart.

Measure the voltage at J1-Pins 2 & 3. Pin-3 should have B+ when in F and Pin-2 should have B+ when in R, but both should never have B+ at same time.

If it checks out, there is no reason to change it. In fact, having the F/R lever by your knee is handier than reach across the dash for it.

I'd still check with Scotty or Alltrax.

-------------
A DCX400 in a PDS makes a speedy cart. When I was running a DCX400 and a stock PDS motor, I got 24 MPH on nearly stock height tires at 36V and 28 MPH when I went to 42V.
Old 11-20-2013, 12:27 PM   #7
kellybell
So wild it hurts!

E-Z-GO

If you have read till you are blue in the face, then I think you are doing it wrong. Just my take on things......
kellybell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 10:29 AM   #8
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Yes my controller does have five jacks on the front. Only difference that I can tell is the FNR switch.
Check out this thread: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...tml#post958096

You may have to do some rewiring to get it to work right.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:34 AM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

It could be you have a DCS cart, no? That would explain the F&R... nobody puts one of those in a PDS cart !?

Anyway you can upgrade to the PDS rocker switch. I think this will solve the issue.

See below
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DCS to PDS FR switch.JPG (116.7 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 10:48 AM   #10
RobertAtl
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
It could be you have a DCS cart, no? That would explain the F&R... nobody puts one of those in a PDS cart !?

Anyway you can upgrade to the PDS rocker switch. I think this will solve the issue.

See below
Thanks ScottyB.

I for sure have a PDS cart with with the DCS FNR switch. Agree doesn't make sense but its what I was given (the cart was a gift to my kids from GMA) I was looking at maybe picking up the SOC and switch and Key that you guys offer. That's the reason for the question of maybe switching the switches over and if was just a matter of running the cables and hooking up.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO