lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-07-2013, 10:58 AM   #1
catmcaw
Gone Wild

Default Flowsystems Water-Miser Battery Caps?

Anybody use the Water-Miser caps and if so do you think it was money well spent?
catmcaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-07-2013, 01:48 PM   #2
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Default Re: Flowsystems Water-Miser Battery Caps?

I never used them but spent plenty of time looking into them . After all was said and done I was not impressed enough to spend $120.00 on caps .
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 02:54 PM   #3
catmcaw
Gone Wild

The folks at Flow$ystem$ seem to think a lot of them.
Old 12-07-2013, 05:09 PM   #4
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by catmcaw View Post
The folks at Flow$ystem$ seem to think a lot of them.
I think a lot about everything I make and sell too
Old 12-08-2013, 10:53 AM   #5
remac
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Bad Santa, bad, bad Santa...
remac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 01:24 PM   #6
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by remac View Post
Bad Santa, bad, bad Santa...
if gives the neighbors something to talk about lol
Old 12-16-2013, 09:07 AM   #7
Flow Systems
Not Yet Wild

ACID DAMAGE TO GARAGE FLOORS FROM LEAKING GOLF CART BATTERY ACID

Catmcaw....This is Drew from Flow Systems. Of all the thousands of Golf Cart owners I've talked to over the years, the number 1 reason by far that the Water Miser Battery Caps are installed is to prevent your garage or storage area floor from be eaten away by leaking acid from your batteries. Of course watering your batteries 1/2 as much as you normally would doesn't hurt either.

What happens with all factory installed vent caps is that they permit the electrolyte (acid + H2O) to seep out into the battery compartment and build up over time. Its not obvious at first but, eventually enough residual acid coats the inside of the compartment and finds its way through the bottom of the cart and it does happen to just about everyone down the road. This is a problem that has not yet completely been solved by the battery or golf cart manufacture.

Replacing or repairing a garage floor costs a great deal more than some preventative insurance (all bias aside).

Whatever the case, we will always take them back without question if you as a golf cart owner feel they are not what you expected. In the 15+ years they have been on the market, our return rate is probably < .01%.

If you our anyone else has questions about batteries in general, we are a third generation battery family and probably have some answers. Just let me know.
Flow Systems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 09:17 AM   #8
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

A properly maintained and serviced FLA battery should not vent battery acid so no frame or floor damage can occur with factory caps.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 09:55 AM   #9
catmcaw
Gone Wild

I like the idea of the flip top when filling, no worry about caps rollin around. I can see some positive things about them but its hard to get passed the price.
Old 12-17-2013, 07:06 AM   #10
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I'm a bit late joining this thread, but I'll add my 2 cents anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan View Post
I never used them but spent plenty of time looking into them . After all was said and done I was not impressed enough to spend $120.00 on caps .
The caps come in three sizes, Short, Medium and Tall and the MSRP is $3.84, $4.78 and $5.38 respectively
The Medium height cap is the one suggested for Golf Cart batteries on the Flow Systems website, therefore the cost per set is:
36V pack = $86.04
42V pack = $100.38
48V pack = $114.72

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportcoupe View Post
A properly maintained and serviced FLA battery should not vent battery acid so no frame or floor damage can occur with factory caps.
Not true. The vented gasses (Hydrogen and Oxygen from electrolysis and water vapor from evaporation) are "wet" gasses, carrying either sulfuric acid molecules or gaseous sulfur compounds that will form sulfuric acid when the water vapor carrying them condenses.

If a baking soda solution foams when applied to the battery tops, or the cable lugs are corroded, sulfuric acid has escaped from the batteries.

I do agree that proper maintenance will prevent, or at least minimize, frame and floor damage caused by vented wet gasses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flow Systems View Post
..............In the 15+ years they have been on the market, our return rate is probably < .01%...............
Having fewer than 1 item returned per 10,000 items shipped is an admirable record, but mitigating the statement with the word "probably" is troubling. Does that mean you don't keep good records or that you don't remember what the number is offhand?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO