lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-16-2013, 04:31 PM   #1
olsoncwo
Not Yet Wild

Default speed sensor removal

what tools are necessary to remove speed sensor 73327go1?
olsoncwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-16-2013, 04:45 PM   #2
kellybell
So wild it hurts!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: speed sensor removal

ok will have to remove the PDS environmental cover, so that is a 3/8 inch (I think) socket and a ratchet. You will also have to unwind the sending wire from the loom mounts, no tools needed, just patience. To remove the speed sensor from the motor, you will need a pair of circlip pliers. This is a special tool that removes a special kind of hardware. You have an expansion circlip in your motor, so you will need an expansion circlip removal tool. Mine was $25, but there are cheaper ones out there just take a look. I got mine at Home depot. Unplug the wire from the PDS computer and then work your way back to the motor, undoing the wire as you go. It goes thru several loom loops, ect. When you get to the motor, use your new circlip pliers to extract the circlip that holds the speed sensor in. Basically, you put the pliers into the little holes in the clip and squeeze them and it contracts the circlip and then remove it. It helps to remove the drivers side rear wheel for this. Then pull out the speed sensor. To put it back in, use the reverse of these steps. To re insert the circlip, carefully use some steel wool on the clip and smooth it out, as they sometimes get crud on them. Carefully put the clip onto the tool and, as you are squeezing the tool, re insert the clip into the motor. Make sure the clip fits into the groove put there to hold it in. Also make sure the speed sensor is well seated into the motor, so as not to impede the circlip. Good Luck, and tell us how it goes! And welcome to BGW!!!!!!!!
kellybell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:37 PM   #3
rib33024

Welcome to BGW

before you do any electric work to the cart, flip the - TOW/RUN switch to TOW
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 05:14 PM   #4
kellybell
So wild it hurts!

E-Z-GO

Do you think I scared him off? Was it my breath?
kellybell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 09:55 PM   #5
Thatsme?
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Tooooo much Garlic.
Thatsme? is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO