lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-28-2013, 04:01 PM   #1
So duck
Not Yet Wild

Default Electric ez-go not running consistent

I bought a used 2006 ez-go txt pds 36 volt. When I bought the cart I was told it had a speed chip. There was five 7 year old trogan t105's and one new energizer battery. When I drove the cart it would barley moved and they said it was just a charge. Be a rookie to carts and this being my first I didn't know better. After they charged the cart over night the owner told me there was two more battery's that were bad. They discounted the cart and I bought it. I am anal so I would not replace just the other two battery's I did a little reading on this site and bought six crown 235's and coated the battery cage before installing them. Once the new battery's were in I noticed the cart ran slow. While driving the cart I noticed after coming from reverse to forward the cart took off. However when you come to a stop it might run slow again or not. It's not consistent. There is no certain way to get it to go again. But what I have found is that it has to go from reverse to go into fast mode again. The cart has a volt meter on it and it shows full charge. I work at a school and one of the carts at the school did the same thing. The maintenance man was told to unplug the wires on the controller and plug them back in. After doing that the school cart has ran fine. I tired that with my cart and no change. Any advise would be greatly appreciated thanks.
So duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-29-2013, 05:46 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Electric ez-go not running consistent

Sounds like a sick controller, but could be some other things.
Hopefully the new CR-235's were charged prior to first use and have been charged after each subsequent use.

Put the controller in diagnostic mode and it might give you some error codes when it is misbehaving.
The text at the bottom of attached label tell you how to get into diagnostic mode and what the beep codes are.
(The first set of beeps when it goes into diagnostic mode tells you what PDS mode it is in.)

Also, check for worn insulation on the two smaller wires going to the motor.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PDS Label on Controller Cover.JPG (142.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Worn field wire insulation.jpg (593.6 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:33 PM   #3
sxecrew
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I had the same problem

Once i put it into diagnostic mode, and drove it around (this is what they mean by putting under a load!!) it gave me a 3-2 beep (welded solenoid)

One way to bypass this was to drive, take foot off gas, turn key off/back on, and push the gas before you stop- and it would go full speed

I replaced the solenoid, and it was running good until the resistor across the solenoid went bad. I disconnected the resistor for now (new one on order) and the cart is running great
sxecrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:07 PM   #4
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I had a similar problem on a pds I had. When I turned the key on if I didn't push the gas within a couple seconds it would be real slow. For example, turn key on a wait for wife to come out for the ride.

I found the solenoid mis-wired. The small red wire on the large stud was on the wrong side of the solenoid, I moved it to the other large stud and the cart ran fast all the time no matter how long I left the key on.

I suggest you have a look at the solenoid wiring if this has always had the problem. If it used to run good what was the last repair done.

As a reminder, be sure to switch run/tow to tow before doing electrical work under the seat. Also wait 30 seconds from when you switch back to run before turning the key.

sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:17 PM   #5
Great white north
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Just a thought did you make sure to put the run tow switch to tow before swapping out the old batteries to the new ones ?
Great white north is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO