lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-10-2014, 07:41 PM   #1
ars
Not Yet Wild

Default throtle,brake same time

like title said,i was showing 4 yr old son how to drive :-) he was on throtle i was trying to stop cart in panic mode tree headed our way,any way its a ez go textron txt think its a 2002,the cart has new batteries and now a new silenoid,still nothing? It stoped sudden when we did this,my micro switch under the mat is stuck up,could this be problem,the cart guy just wants to sell me speed controllers f&r switches,any feedback would be great made trail through woods and its more fun on cart:-) also when i plug charger in the charger does nothing no indacator light,no click.like theres no power to nothing
ars is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-10-2014, 11:06 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: throtle,brake same time

You may very need controller and F&R . fix the micro switch first and get the solenoid to click when your 4 yr old mashes the gas.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 08:27 AM   #3
ars
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the reply,you really think that the speed controller and f&r switch would go out instanly? I know i cant bypass the micro but what about the 600 dollar speed controller and the f&r switch can they be bypassed or fixed somehow without buying new ones.. ,im not gona let son operate the throtle for a while,even after its fixed
Old 01-11-2014, 08:54 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You can't be any harder on the cart than pressing the gas and brakes at the same time. The amp draw would be maximum. I'm not saying you need both I m saying either on could be toast. It will take some testing on your part with a DMM to figure out exactly what failed. An F&R can be tested for continuity just like the micro switch. If the ms has failed start with a new one and get the solenoid to click when you try to go, that may be all you need but who knows?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 01:11 PM   #5
ars
Not Yet Wild

Ok,i replaced micro switch in floor,was destroyed in peices.the new solinoid started cliking again,the cart moved forward,all that happend in a 1/2second,stoped moving and now the solinoid dont click anymore...if i didnt just put 800bucks worth of batteries in it it would be full of bullet holes right now.. is there any way to bypass the f&r panel and or the speed control box,im not rich but i do have ammo...and maybe some batteries for sale :-) it did click a few times after it moved but now it does nothing again,battery charger came on flashed the green light real fast a few times and quit..not sure how to test this thing
Old 01-12-2014, 10:20 AM   #6
ars
Not Yet Wild

checked continuity to ms,controlbox,solenoid,f&r panel all those are buzzing,the speed control thingy under mat is 0.04 with throttle pushed to floor,0.08 not pushed.this cant be right..checked with dcv on meter should I be checking with acv on meter?its a uei dm 383 dig multimeter.the reverse buzzer works but I cant figure out how to jump the solenoid to get wheels to turn,theres 3.83 v going to control box ? all batteries are 6.39 v
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO