lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-24-2014, 07:17 AM   #21
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: Reverse Not Working after F&R Replaced

With the cart up on solid jackstands, and perhaps with a tire removed if you wish to "get at" the motor connections that way, using your meter, check to see if you getting power to your motor.

I'm assuming you got power to your F\R switch? If you got the right readings to the F\R switch then perhaps your wiring to your motor is bad (I had the coating on mine rub off right at the battery box corner and then short out) or the motor itself.

Dave
DaveTM is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-24-2014, 11:00 AM   #22
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Sometimes the F&R contact continuity test is misleading. And sometimes these "HD" or replacement F&Rs have just enough contact to pass the continuity test but not solid enough contact to sustain serious amperage conductivity. If you are certain the micro switches are working and you have checked your wire connections, contact your supplier and tell them you may have a defective switch. GL
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:27 AM   #23
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

What "scottyb" said is very true! I like to use a test light on heavy circuits. You can make one easily by using a standard clear 120V bulb. It will light (although dimly) and actually need current to flow to light. I've had this same problem with F-R switches. With the cart raised on stands, put it in reverse, key on, pedal down about ¼ travel, and take an insulated tool (a plastic pen works fine) and push on the cam plate contacts a little. You may find that this will make a connection! If so, follow Scott's advice and return your defective switch! If you try and work on it, you may void the warranty.
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ezgo electric
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO