lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-16-2014, 09:44 PM   #1
Thatsme?
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Solenoid small red and black wires which side?

1996 TXT series 36 volt for now.
I took pictures and drew diagrams and now I am confused by the wiring diagram for the small red and black wire to the solenoid in the Alltrax book for my new SPM48500.

Old controller the 2 red wires were on the side of the solenoid that the B+ on the controller was jumpered to as well as going from B+ to the A position on the F/ R switch.

One of the small black wires on the solenoid side that the large post goes to the battery pack positive with fuse was run to the backup alarm. The other small black wire ran from the same side of the solenoid and to the B- post on the controller.
I see where Alltrax recommends one of the black wire from the solenoid to the Relay coil -. The other from B- on controller to backup alarm.

It is probably just me but the Alltrax diagram for 94 and newer seems to be showing the opposite of my thinking. All other wires and colors seem to be correct except I don't have the reed switch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg New controller.jpg (100.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Solenoid.jpg (71.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg FR old wiring.jpg (115.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg FR new wiring.jpg (102.1 KB, 0 views)
Thatsme? is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-16-2014, 09:55 PM   #2
Thatsme?
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Solenoid small red and black wires which side?

This should be the Alltrax wiring diagram.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SPM 48500 wiring diagram.pdf (107.9 KB, 0 views)
Thatsme? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:10 PM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

That'sme......I have the same controller and solenoid as you....the first picture you posted.

the RED wires go to the small post on the LEFT side of the picture the + side of the solenoid. and the BLACK wires go on the other side.

R&B WIRES.jpg
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:15 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

This F&R instruction sheet shows how your micro switches were wired originally.

Of course the solenoid has no polarity and doesn't care which side you put what color wire on.
The only thing that does matter is that you don't mix positive and negative wires on the same post. And that the banded or red end of the diode goes on the same post with the positive wires. That's it, in two short sentences.

Does one of your red wires have a large ring terminal on it? If yes, this needs to be placed on the large terminal on the battery side of the solenoid.

Is this making it any clearer? or am I just muddying up the water- LOL
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0.1Ezgo F&R instruc 05-15-13.jpg (99.1 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO