lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-16-2014, 11:51 PM   #1
jonequest
Gone Wild

Default Range of my EZGO???

I have a 2004 EZGO TXT BUT I have swapped the motor with a rewound one that gets me a few mph more speed but nothing extreme. I have an Alltrax 72v SPM controller and run 48 volts now by 6 8v batteries I bought about 1 year ago. What I wondering is what is my range on smooth flat streets. I may get to ride this in a Mardi Gras parade and want to be sure I can make it fine. The parades are only a few to maybe 5 miles or so. Sounds easy but I have never tried to continuously drive for that long. I did play gold with my cart for the first time in November and even with 2-4 people on it I drove all 18 holes and had plenty of juice to run around as much as I want.
jonequest is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-17-2014, 12:48 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Range of my EZGO???

Here is a definitive way for you to find out YOUR carts range. find a place, like your neighborhood, and using the "trip odometer" and plot out a course of about 5 miles. which starts and finishes at the same point, like your house. Then charge up your cart to 100%, and then let it rest 12 hrs. Then run the course at the speeds and stops you would normally see. when you get back to you starting point after one loop, stop and let the cart rest for about 30 minutes and them take a total pack voltage reading. see what you have left.....maybe make another loop and do the same.

although I am running a 36v cart, it has 23" tires, 6" lift, a SPM 48500 (500 AMP) Controller, and a AMD Raptor High Speed motor.......my range.....depending on the time or year (temp affects it) roughly between 25 to 30 miles on a full charge.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 06:54 AM   #3
kellybell
So wild it hurts!

E-Z-GO

Mardi Gras parade! Wow, that's cool! Will you get free refreshments?
kellybell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 06:59 AM   #4
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Do you have a state of charge meter installed (digital or analog)? Or do you have a digital voltmeter? You will need one of these to determine max range.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 08:14 AM   #5
RobCons
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I vote with Sir Nuke. Just go for a ride and enjoy the neighborhood. Be sure to practice your parade wave.
RobCons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 09:49 AM   #6
jonequest
Gone Wild

I do have a voltmeter installed. It does amps too but maxes out at 99 amps so that part is useless as soon as you hit the pedal hard. I think my neighborhood is a 2 mile loop according to my friend who walks it every morning. I do have a speedometer (bicycle one) that may do mileage as well. I think I will have no problem though after reading the range that people are getting. It seems these things will get between 30-50 miles even with some mods. A parade will be far less than that. I was just going to offer my cart to my daughters dance team as a support vehicle. It is chameleon but mostly green with teal/white seats now and my daughters school colors are green. I figure I put the LED's in green setting and add a few school stickers and I'll look official. I will do a neighborhood loop about 10 times just to be sure though.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:01 AM   #7
kellybell
So wild it hurts!

E-Z-GO

Oh.....so no refreshments, then?
kellybell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:25 AM   #8
jonequest
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellybell View Post
Oh.....so no refreshments, then?
Actually I just went to "Safe Practices" class last night given by the archdiocese (Catholic school). They specifically said NO alcohol allowed when working with the kids, even a single beer. It made sense to me too. BUT if I get into another parade with a bunch of carts I seen last year then yes... lot's of refreshments!
Old 01-17-2014, 11:02 AM   #9
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellybell View Post
Mardi Gras parade! Wow, that's cool! Will you get free refreshments?
Can't beat St. Patrick's Day in Savannah.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 11:04 AM   #10
jonequest
Gone Wild

St. Pat's here in New Orleans is pretty intense as well. It is like our Mardi Gras hangover parade.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO