lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-23-2014, 08:22 PM   #11
Jd62
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Electricity in electric ez go.

Hey, i just check my local flyer and i saw 20 watt solar panel. Is it going to charge my aux batteries or i need a solar charger.
Jd62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-24-2014, 08:04 AM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jd62 View Post
Ok thank for the explication, yes i speak french, i do the best i can in english, but it still not perfect, LoL. And it's sure i'm not from tijuana, just few second ago i wasnt know this place exist. Did some of you ever see montreal ??
Never been to Montréal, but I lived in Paris for a few years and remember how difficult it was to translate my technical knowledge into French and for my French counterparts to translate their technical knowledge into English. We could, and did, talk about weather, wine and women in either language, but we had trouble speaking about technical stuff since the way technical terms evolved in both languages is entirely different.

That was a long time ago and if I visited Montréal now, I'd have trouble asking directions to the nearest public restroom.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:06 AM   #13
eflyguy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

A panel alone is not enough, it needs a controller (charger) to hook up to the battery.
..a
eflyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:16 AM   #14
Jd62
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Wow, Paris,i inderstand you johnnieb i speak french, and it's hard for me to understand what the people from france, said. We have a different accent. I guess it' like that in english too, like the usa english and the england english.

Thank you,eflyguy for the information, now, i'm looking to buy a 30w solar charger is 30w enought.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:41 AM   #15
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Wow, Paris,i inderstand you johnnieb i speak french, and it's hard for me to understand what the people from france, said. We have a different accent. I guess it' like that in english too, like the usa english and the england english.

Thank you,eflyguy for the information, now, i'm looking to buy a 30w solar charger is 30w enought.
You will be much better off getting a small (2/5amp) 12V charger for your aux battery. A solar charger may maintain the battery, but it won't replace the energy you will use running lights and a radio. Also solar chargers rely on full sunshine to produce the rated wattage. A cloudy day may cut the output in half! We used solar chargers on boats that were stored for the winter to keep the batteries charged. They work well for that purpose, but just don't output enough wattage to charge a battery that is used everyday.
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:06 AM   #16
Jd62
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Ah, ok so i just put a small electrical charger and i plug it when i chrge my cart right ?
Old 01-24-2014, 12:08 PM   #17
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Whether a solar powered charger will be enough or not depends on how much power the 12V accessories draw and how much you use them.

Unless you cover the cart's roof with solar panels, solar powered chargers are basically trickle chargers and are more suited to maintaining a battery's charge than recharging a battery. For some applications, that is enough, for others it isn't.

Some people have a small solar panel that charges while the sun shine and also use a regular charger as needed.

------------
Ironically, I also lived in England for a few years and the English spoken there was almost a foreign language to me.

In fact, driving on the wrong side of the road was easier for me to learn than understanding what was being said at the pub. However, I must have been genetically predisposed to their dry humor since I picked up on it rather quickly.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:59 PM   #18
Jd62
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Perfect, i will just buy a small electrical charger, and install it next to the batteries...

Ha ha, man on your location you put west virginia, are you really live there or is just one of the place you lived.
Old 01-24-2014, 01:56 PM   #19
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
.........Ha ha, man on your location you put west virginia, are you really live there or is just one of the place you lived.
West Virginia is were my last job was located and my wife and I liked the place so much that we decided to stay here after I retired. We've got kids, grandkids and great-grandkids in Colorado, Florida and Michigan, so it is somewhat centrally located and the cost of living is relative low, so we do okay on a modest fixed income.

I was born in Tennessee and I've lived at least year in Alaska, Michigan, Mississippi, Ohio, Oklahoma and Texas, as well as England and France, plus a couple countries in Southeast Asia, but those places weren't exactly what I called home at the time.
Old 01-24-2014, 05:07 PM   #20
Jd62
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Wow, that a lot of place, it's very nice, so what was your job ?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO