lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-01-2014, 05:37 AM   #1
canadansker
Not Yet Wild

Default 5 wire curtis throttle

I have a 5 wire Curtis throttle and cant find any explaination of the color code for hook up details. Have we got anything out there.
Help me out here Guys.
canadansker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-01-2014, 12:33 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 5 wire curtis throttle

I would guess 2 wires are start/stop switch (to controller > is pedal pressed? Wires will show on/off with ohm meter). For the three remaining wires.
I would guess that your ohm meter will show 0->5k ohms on one combo as the pedal is pressed, 5k -> 0 ohms on another combo, and one combo of the three remaining wires that will show 5k at any pedal position..
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 04:30 AM   #3
canadansker
Not Yet Wild

Wink Re: 5 wire curtis throttle

Hi and thanks cptech. The throttle I have is called a Curtis EFP712-2406. Ok I will try and find the pedal interlock ( 2 wires )

I am guessing that these 2 can be switched in any order unless they are protected by a diode?

Does anyone know if this is an ITS type?

If so will I be able to measure resistance across any 2 wires?

Can't find anything on the net in regards to color coding... There are five wires black, grey, red, green, and light blue.

Does anyone know if thiis throttle pot is 5v supply from the controller (Curtis 1266)or 48v from the battery pack?

Hope too get rollin Again
canadansker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
potentiometer
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO