lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-05-2014, 04:55 AM   #1
kojo
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Hydrographics

Hey guys, has anybody out there had their cart hydro dipped with camo? If so, have you had any problems with it? I'm thinking hard about getting mine done. I have a buddy of mine that has his own business doing it and he told me he would do it for me real cheap.Thanks for any replies fellows.
kojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-05-2014, 05:03 AM   #2
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Hydrographics

Yes I have had a body dipped. Cost mush more then one color paint but the graphic details are very good. Not as good as a wrap but a dipped body will last much longer. You are lucky to have someone close by that can dip a whole body. We have to ship our bodies where I live. That adds to the cost.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:44 AM   #3
Jd62
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Jd62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 12:15 PM   #4
kojo
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the reply guys. Sportcoupe I bet the shipping would be high on a body. I'm glad he's only 20-25 min. away, that helps alot. At first I was going to go with the wrap but, I wasn't for sure about the comparable differences between the two. But going this way maybe cheaper for me and probably less of a headache than the wrap because I was going to try to put it on myself.
Old 03-05-2014, 12:21 PM   #5
Walker614
Gone Wild

Club Car

Just make sure that he applies a UV resistant topcoat. You don't want to spend that money and have it fade out in the sunlight.
Walker614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 12:52 PM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I have had multiple dips done in Carbon fiber and camo patterns. No problems with any of them They do spray a clear coat on them when done..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 04:13 PM   #7
kojo
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks Walker and kg for the info. I'll ask him about the UV resistent clear. I hope I have the same experience with it as you have kgsc (no problems). I'm thinking about getting a set of basic steel wheels 12x7 and dip them as well and keep my vampires if I ever want to change back over. Thanks for the input guys.
Old 03-05-2014, 05:40 PM   #8
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Kojo, mine were done at a place in Augusta. Cool thing about the hydro wrap is there are no bubbles or pockets. Mine have the st cowls and the wrap tucks up in the nooks and crannies nicely.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:32 PM   #9
Walker614
Gone Wild

Club Car

Still with either be careful with high pressure washing. Can peel it like a banana!!
Walker614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 11:49 PM   #10
kojo
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

kgsc, I believe I'm gonna like it pretty good.

Walker, if it has clearcoat on the top, it shouldn't peel to easy I wouldn't think. But those things can be pretty strong though so I get ya'.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO