lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-16-2014, 06:50 PM   #11
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Need for speed

Not being mean at all. Everything is sold there. Ezgo light kits are all the same really. All imported from China. There really isn't a "brand" to review. Some kits are just headlight and taillight. Some are full up deluxe and add brake lights, turn signals and horn.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-16-2014, 06:58 PM   #12
derkoldoo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

ok,thanks my good man. my cart gets delivered in morning. I will then look at controller to see if the #808 package will work. I sure hope it does. Looking forward to ordering that from ya tomorrow!!!! just hope I can hook it up without having a dozen extra parts leftover. LOL
derkoldoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:04 PM   #13
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Here's the best price on a deluxe ezgo txt light kit and it's sold by a site sponsor.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EZGO-TXT-Gol...item589d313bc2
Old 03-16-2014, 07:44 PM   #14
UroGator
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I made my cart street legal with a kit called LitesEasy made by Tecscan. Do a google search for it. It has a wireless controller that is mounted to the steering wheel and the wiring harnesses are all plug and play. As a bonus, it is an all LED kit and draws a minimal 4 watts total for the entire kit while on. It's also cheaper than most all the street legal kits on the market. It has a G-force module that detects when the cart is slowing down to activate the brake lights. Top notch kit and the seller/inventor provides great support. I'll post pics of my install soon.
UroGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:06 PM   #15
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I think you mean 4 amps, not 4 watts.

I have seen that kit and wasn't impressed. It just doesn't look as good.
Old 03-16-2014, 10:00 PM   #16
Olman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I've had that light set for over a year. It works flawlessly, it looks good, and he is right. The lights only draw 4 to 4.5 watts not amps. At least that is what the inventor explained to me. I never measured the draw. Where else are you going to get led head lights, tail lights, brake lights, turn signals, hazard lights, a horn, and two mirrors that are all plug and play plus controlled wirelessly for $150!

Sport coupe---seems like you are being a little tough on the posters tonight. Maybe derkoldoo doesn't buy much from EBay. My absolute last resort is eBay. No need to lay your negative opinion on UroGator's lights. He is probably proud of them.
Olman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:14 PM   #17
UroGator
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Need for speed

It is 4 watts (not amps) total draw with front and rear lights on.It looks great to me. I like the LED headlight look (a la Audi, Mercedes, and just about every other luxury car manufacturer out there). You don't have to destroy your body to make cut outs to install it either.

Old 03-17-2014, 04:26 AM   #18
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by UroGator View Post
It is 4 watts (not amps) total draw with front and rear lights on.
4 watts at 12v is about 0.3 amps. I typical nightlight is 4 watts. I can assure you that light kit draws more then 0.3 amps unless they are no brighter then a nightlight.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:14 AM   #19
Olman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportcoupe View Post
4 watts at 12v is about 0.3 amps. I typical nightlight is 4 watts. I can assure you that light kit draws more then 0.3 amps unless they are no brighter then a nightlight.
All I can do is read the specs. The inventor, a really nice guy, explained the system to me and tried to explain the low current draw in terms that were way over my head. I see no reason why he would BS me. The lights are very bright. In fact the tail and brake lights are a little too bright sometimes. Read the specs:

http://store.tecscan.com/LiTESeasy-M...reet_p_23.html
Olman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:23 AM   #20
UroGator
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Need for speed

I assure you that the LED headlights are sufficient for driving at night and are not dim like a night light. The rear LEDs are very bright as Olman says. I was skeptical at first as well but I am more than pleased with my set and don't have to worry about killing my battery pack

I don't want to thread jack any more than I have on this topic so, I'll open a new thread on this.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO