lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-18-2015, 10:02 PM   #1
Shoeman
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default kf82 carb help

I know this has been addressed several times and maybe its just me. I have a 91 club car carryall 2 with a kf82"flathead" motor in it. The carb doesn't appear to be hooked up correctly but maybe I'm looking at everyone else's wrong? The main part I'm having problems with is the fact that everyone's I looked at has a hose that goes over the carb. Where does that one come from and where does it go? One line from fuel pump goes to filter then to carb. One goes from the "nipple" above the oil fill or dipstick to the fuel pump right?

I've been searching pics, diagrams, and posts for a few days but can see a hose that appears to go from one "nipple" on carb over the carb to somewhere? And then one hose comes from somewhere and goes in the back of the air filter housing.

I need help, pics, video to make sure that all is correct. Eventually I am going to change this motor out but wanted to see what kind of true power/speed this motor can do.

Thanks for any help
Shoeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-19-2015, 07:33 PM   #2
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: kf82 carb help

Does this explain it? The hose below that goes over the top isn't hooked up on one end, it's just a vent.

Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 09:38 PM   #3
Shoeman
Getting Wild
Club Car

Ok I thought so but what hose goes into the back of the filter housing? Mine goes from that outlet to back of filter housing which made no sense to me.

Where does the hose come from that goes in the back of the filter housing? On the one side of carb is 2 outlets. one goes to fuel pump other is vent hose to nothing. but my vent hose goes to back of filter housing.

Thanks
Old 03-19-2015, 10:39 PM   #4
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

The slightly larger diameter hose that goes into the back of air filter housing (you can see it in my first picture running underneath the hose I darkened) is a crankcase vent. The other end should go to a nipple on the crankcase, pictured below:

Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 09:48 PM   #5
Shoeman
Getting Wild
Club Car

Ok I will look at it tomorrow to see that. I don't remember a vent there but thanks for the pictures and will check tomorrow evening.

Thanks for the help guys
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car