lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-02-2015, 09:18 PM   #1
DBRZ34
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Speed controller heat issue question

I have posted this in the yamaha forum but I feel like this can be answered by anyone with an upgraded speed controller and solenoid.----

I have recently upgraded my yamaha G22 moric controller to a FSIP FX503 controller and upgraded solenoid. I was creeping around my pasture fence line and I heard a high pitch whine coming from the rear of my cart in the controller/solenoid area when I barely mashed the go pedal. I then realized that the controller was extremely hot. I called FSIP and they have excellent tech support and the guy informed me that by creeping around at slow speeds my controller wasn't getting enough air to cool it. I'm wondering if you guys have ever had a heat issue with a controller and how you remedied the issue. I'm thinking a heat sink panel on the controller itself and some weather resistant pancake fans as well. Any body done anything similar?
DBRZ34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-02-2015, 09:25 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Speed controller heat issue question

You may have to alter your driving habits. Creeping with big tires (with heavy load/ in loose footing/ up hill or anything else that creates additional motor load) is going to create more heat than the motor and the controller can shed. The problem is this type of operation has the motor working hard where it is drawing max amperage and some of that amperage is simply converted to heat not motion.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO