lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-18-2015, 08:37 AM   #1
jerry1249
Not Yet Wild

Default club car won't idle in neutral and hard to start.

I'm new at this cart thing. A friend of mine ask me to work on this club car,but it' new to me. this thing is really hard to start. has to be in forward or reverse and won't idle once started. it's a dangerous thing!!! Any ideas are fully welcome to this ole confused guy.
jerry1249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-18-2015, 12:15 PM   #2
Land Owner
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: club car won't idle in neutral and hard to start.

From this post http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...-question.html I quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
Welcome to BGW Usie33!

When you say "it was idling for about 10 minutes" that tells me that you have a "key start" cart!
90% of us have a "pedal start" cart, and 2% of us have a pedal start cart that idles! (like me!)
I've also run into that problem with the plug fouling after a long period of time idling,
Yours may or may not be wired to idle. Many do not idle when the pedal is at rest.

There is a round yellow rotatable knob (it pulls out horizontally toward the engine) on the forward engine compartment wall. Turning this knob to one of its rotatable positions will enable "Maintenance Mode" and the cart's engine will run in the Neutral position but not move while the pedal is depressed. This may help you diagnose the hard starting portion.
Land Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 12:39 PM   #3
jerry1249
Not Yet Wild

thanks. I'll give it a whirl.
jerry1249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 04:44 PM   #4
mrlmd
Gone Wild

To add to what LO said, these carts do not start in neutral, they must be in forward or reverse to start, when the pedal is pressed down. They will not idle, they are designed to stop when you let off the gas and come to a stop. You must put it into "maintenance mode" to enable it to start and run in neutral, and you do that by pulling out the yellow knob at the forward end of the engine compartment and rotating it to set the microswitches into the proper position for the cart to run. Look up an owner's manual and that will give you a lot of info on these carts.
mrlmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car