lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-23-2015, 11:58 AM   #1
llc77
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default 1999 Club Cart gas start belt problems.

How long do the start/gen. belt usually last. I had problems with local belts so I bought club cart belt, solved the slipping problem for a year and now I'm back to same old problem. I ordered new club cart belt, I hope this fixes problem. I can let the cart sit for a while then go hit pedal and it will start. Is there a problem with something getting hot and than cooling off than start. I'm about ready to run it off in a pond.
llc77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-23-2015, 08:06 PM   #2
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Default Re: 1999 Club Cart gas start belt problems.

Club Car belt has to be really really tight, its the only one like that in the golf cart world. Make it tight and problem will go away.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 09:33 PM   #3
llc77
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Tighten it really tight think I have another problem. I have new club cart belt on the way as it has to be worn or something else causing the problem.
llc77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 11:23 PM   #4
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

starter belt has to be tight, being loose, it will just slip on the pulley, if you run the drive belt, the carry all belts are a hair shorter then the ds belts...it will ingagethe clutch sooner.
all i can suggest is to hunker down on the belt and it will stretch, not reallly much you can do. i use a pry bar, luch and some cordination to tighen my belts...
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 02:58 PM   #5
Holbrook13
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I think this may be my problem then too. When I hit the gas to go it whines like crazy then goes after I start to feather the gas pedal
Holbrook13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 03:34 PM   #6
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

that simply means the belt is too loose and now your probably have glazed it and it will never catch right , put the new belt on it and tighten it down like a piano wire and be done with it , you have ball bearings on both ends of the belt you are not likely to break anything other than a belt and that should not happen
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car