lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-31-2015, 07:30 PM   #1
Stump
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO Solenoid not clicking

I just got a 36 volt 96 EZGO TXT (Series) cart. Cart has been sitting for a couple of years. Put new batteries in and the cart will not move. The solenoid does not click when the pedal is pressed. I jumped the solenoid and it clicks and the cart will move in reverse with the solenoid jumped. But it will not move forward when the solenoid is jumped. I plan to remove and clean all connections at the F&R switch (didn't have time today), but wanted to see if anyone can direct me beyond that. Thanks for the help.
Stump is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-01-2015, 06:13 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO Solenoid not clicking

while you are cleaning the F&R connections, go head and clean ALL if the High Current connections. Then if the solenoid still doesn't engage, look at all the connection of the activation circuit.

Wiring Diagram Series with Solenoid Activation Traced.JPG
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 08:39 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

May be one or 2 problems. Check the power (+) supply to the F&R micro switch on the F&R on the drivers side. If power in check for power out in both F&R positions.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 07:13 PM   #4
Stump
Not Yet Wild

OK. took off and cleaned all connections on F&R. I have 38 volts on both sides of the MS2 microswitch when I press the pedal and the lever is in the front position. There is 38 volts on both sides of the same microswitch when in the rear position and pedal is NOT pressed. I have 38 volts on both sides of the MS4 microswitch when the lever is in the rear position and pedal is NOT pressed. I have 38 volts on the MS4 microswitch on the orange wire and no voltage on the other post when the lever is in the front position, but when I press the gas, it closes the circuit and there's 38 volts on the red wire on the microswitch. I have no idea...
Old 09-01-2015, 07:17 PM   #5
Stump
Not Yet Wild

i don't know if it matters, but that's with the red (+) volt meter lead on the positive battery terminal and the black volt meter lead probing the switches. I don't get anything when done the other way. Also, after cleaning the F&R the cart will no longer go in reverse like it did before when i jumped the solenoid. Now when i jump the rear buzzer will sound, but it will not go like it did before????
Old 09-01-2015, 07:53 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stump View Post
i don't know if it matters, but that's with the red (+) volt meter lead on the positive battery terminal and the black volt meter lead probing the switches. I don't get anything when done the other way.
We are looking for + voltage so put the - blk test lead on pack main -.
at all times you should have + at the red wire to the F&R ms closest to the drivers side. No? fix it. Yes? see if + goes to the blue wire on other side of the switch when lever in Forward. No? replace switch. Yes? see if + to the small (yellow wire PDS) or red wire series on solenoid small terminals. No? check key switch and pedal micro switch.
The solenoid will click when there is 36v between the solenoid 2 small terminals. No? replace solenoid. Yes ....
Old 09-01-2015, 08:11 PM   #7
Stump
Not Yet Wild

thats the problem then. No + power at red wire on ms switch. This is a cart that i got that has been sitting for a couple years. maybe someone wired something wrong..
Old 09-01-2015, 08:20 PM   #8
Stump
Not Yet Wild

Bad connection at the red wire at the charger port. Simply twisted back together for now and solenoid clicks now when pedal pressed and back beeper sounds properly, but no movement forward or reverse.
Old 09-01-2015, 09:44 PM   #9
Stump
Not Yet Wild

Also had bad connection with the F&R switch. I wasn't getting any power at 3 of the main posts. Was able to loosen the posts up some so that made better connection and all had 38 volts and cart moved forward and reverse. I actually created that problem myself because i snugged all bolts/nuts down when i removed the switch to clean it and ended up pulling the bolts to far to make contact. Anyway, i appreciate all the help.
Old 09-01-2015, 10:48 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stump View Post
Also had bad connection with the F&R switch. I wasn't getting any power at 3 of the main posts. Was able to loosen the posts up some so that made better connection and all had 38 volts and cart moved forward and reverse. I actually created that problem myself because i snugged all bolts/nuts down when i removed the switch to clean it and ended up pulling the bolts to far to make contact. Anyway, i appreciate all the help.
Sounds like you have pulled the contacts too far into the housing. Very easy to do. It's actually the same type of problem created when the switches get too hot. You will have to replace the housing or get a new switch.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO