lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-03-2015, 01:37 PM   #1
nsh
Not Yet Wild

Default Motor upgrade advice

Hello all, I recently came across this forum and find it quite informative on all topics concerning golf carts. It appears there are some people here who really know their stuff!!! Well, I would like to ask for some help and advice if I may.

I recently acquired 3 Club Car DS 02 model golf carts. After they sat in the yard a while I decide to make a Limo Cart with 2 of them. So off to work I went. (I am going to attempt to include a photo below). The cart came out good and runs very well at the time. BUT, I am looking to upgrade the motor, and controller if advised to.

Here is what I have done to date to the electrical system. I replaced the 6 8V batteries with 8 6V batteries on the advice of a local Golf Cart shop. After changing out the batteries I also changed ALL battery and motor cables to #2ga welding cable. Now I am looking for more top end speed. Currently I run 16mph +/-. No hills and no off road use. Mostly on asphalt road, sometime limestone roads, as well as a few small bridges.

Can some of you who know the ropes, so to speak, please chime in on suggestions, advice and comments. Please feel free to ask any questions needed to help and I will do my best to answer them.

Thanks in advance!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Clubcar.jpg (150.7 KB, 0 views)
nsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-03-2015, 01:59 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Motor upgrade advice

We will first need to identify the drive system of the vehicle. Once it's identified we can help you out with options for the motor and controller. The vehicle serial number will give us a good indication of the drive system. Post the serial number and a picture of the motor and controller and we will be glad to assist.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 02:23 PM   #3
nsh
Not Yet Wild

Serial number of the cart is AA0201-107494. Stand by for the controller info. Ill get that when I get home. See picture of current motor below. Maybe this will be of help for now. Thanks!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (201.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-03-2015, 08:06 PM   #4
nsh
Not Yet Wild

Here is the controller.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (214.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-04-2015, 09:54 AM   #5
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

It's a regular "Series" 48 Volt drive vehicle. There are a world of upgrade options available for it. Any good site sponsor can help you with this.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car