lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-20-2015, 07:06 PM   #1
traperguy84
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Possible CL find. Would like you opinions.

Hello folks.

Well after being out of this hobby for a long time, Im getting the itch again:thumb: This time I want to venture into the gas side of things. I liked my old DS electric but waiting on them to charge is a killer.

ANYWAY... I found a guy on CL looking to trade this for another project. I offered him a straight up trade for my old jon boat and trailer that i don't use anymore and want out of my backyard. He says this cart turns over when pressing the gas pedal, has spark, and sputters but won't start. Personally I think it sound like some basic fuel delivery issues. The cart is in rough shape, but overall I think it is savable. All the info he gave on the cart he said its an early 90's. Any clue to what engine "might" be in this thing? The engine looks relatively clean for what it is...

The goal would be to get it up and running, then start a campground cruiser build with rear seats and a 6" lift on the drawing board. Adding a rear seat kit would get me the seat back supports its missing. Then some OEM plastic body parts and it should look like a cart again
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 00U0U_1Ap1heftuRE_600x450.jpg (38.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 00e0e_fpTp6FSiCII_600x450.jpg (46.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 00R0R_iync92CigMX_600x450.jpg (34.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 00f0f_lwWYvLR4qdn_600x450.jpg (31.7 KB, 0 views)
traperguy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-20-2015, 07:43 PM   #2
RED 92CC GAS
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Possible CL find. Would like you opinions.

it is 92 or newer since it is ohv. that is a good thing.
RED 92CC GAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 07:59 PM   #3
traperguy84
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED 92CC GAS View Post
it is 92 or newer since it is ohv. that is a good thing.
Cool, Thank you.
Old 11-20-2015, 08:05 PM   #4
TJL
Gone Wild
Club Car

You will have a decent amount of time/money in getting the missing parts like the seats and stuff so as a rebuilding project id pay maybe 400 tops if i needed it. So if your value boat trade near the same, go for it.

It looks to be in the desirable years of the gas ds's.
TJL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 08:42 PM   #5
traperguy84
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJL View Post
You will have a decent amount of time/money in getting the missing parts like the seats and stuff so as a rebuilding project id pay maybe 400 tops if i needed it. So if your value boat trade near the same, go for it.

It looks to be in the desirable years of the gas ds's.
Thank you. I did offer to flat out buy it. He hasn't come back at me with a price. Im going to have to agree on you with the $400 max. I was honestly going to offer him $250 to see what he said. Part of me wants to let this deal pass on by in hopes of a better deal down the road. The other half of me wants a good winter project
Old 11-20-2015, 08:46 PM   #6
TJL
Gone Wild
Club Car

If the motor runs the $/value is there. As long as the frame and body arent trashed, the motor and rear end are worth good $. Either way, should be a fun project.
TJL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 11:06 PM   #7
mfg
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Between '92-'94. FE290 engine. By '95 (maybe '94) I know they didn't have the separate black pieces in the bag well.

Check that the trans seems to shift correctly into the three positions (back at the transaxle--looks like he has the handle off up front).
Other than that, it looks solid. Getting spark and turning over are always very good signs. New gas, filters/lines, and mess with the carb for awhile and you'll probably have a running cart. I wouldn't be afraid to go to ~500 or a little more. Start low though; people with abandoned cart projects sometimes just want them off their hands.
mfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 08:09 AM   #8
traperguy84
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfg View Post
Between '92-'94. FE290 engine. By '95 (maybe '94) I know they didn't have the separate black pieces in the bag well.

Check that the trans seems to shift correctly into the three positions (back at the transaxle--looks like he has the handle off up front).
Other than that, it looks solid. Getting spark and turning over are always very good signs. New gas, filters/lines, and mess with the carb for awhile and you'll probably have a running cart. I wouldn't be afraid to go to ~500 or a little more. Start low though; people with abandoned cart projects sometimes just want them off their hands.
Thank You.
Old 11-21-2015, 12:13 PM   #9
Jeffreynmandy
Gone Wild

I bought mine in rough condition, but with a new engine. But if planning on a complete overhaul it's going to be a money pit.

If you plan to leave it mainly as it is, and just add seats you may come out ok. But here was my tally.

Golf cart 1000
Body. 200
Back seat 300
Wheels and lift 900
Seats upolhstered 250
Steering wheel 100
Headlight kit 130
Extended Roof and brackets 200
I'm sure in forgetting some miscellaneous small stuff.

It adds up quick if you want it to be nice. You would come out better building a project, but the accessories are what run the cost up.
Jeffreynmandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 09:21 PM   #10
traperguy84
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks for all the info guys. Unfortunately the deal couldn't be made. Oh well, easy come easy go. There will be more. I certainly got some great advice here I'll use while searching for a DS. Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car