lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-15-2016, 08:01 PM   #11
CART-ZILLA
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: xct 400 pds question

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
1.21gw --- Doc Brown mispronounced Gigawatts as Jigawatts.

The Controller Settings screen is a bit different for a XCT than it is for a SPM and the like...

To get the 460A:
1. you have to have a fan installed.
2. you have to have a speed sensor connected.
3. you have to have the Enable Speed Limit box selected.
4. you have to have the Turbo box selected.
5. you have to have the Hunting Buggy box selected.
changed it to hunting mode .... well da#n she perked up a bit lol love this setup/controller johnnyb can i set the numeric box above 400 or will it do anything ..
CART-ZILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-16-2016, 07:48 AM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
Does any of this apply to the 500 XCT?
Yes. It applies to all XCT48xxxPDS controllers and probably applies to XCT controllers for all other make/model carts and drive systems.

The only one I know of that it doesn't apply to is the XCT48xxxDCS family. They don't have a motor speed sensor and they function more or less the same way as the DCX family of controllers did. The same would be true for a XCT for any other drive system that doesn't have a motor speed sensor.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 08:22 AM   #13
Helirich
Gone Wild

I guess I'll have to check for the hunting box. Of course, I don't know if I want more power. My wife allready refers to it as the "Psycho" cart. LOL.
Helirich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 08:33 AM   #14
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CART-ZILLA View Post
changed it to hunting mode .... well da#n she perked up a bit lol love this setup/controller johnnyb can i set the numeric box above 400 or will it do anything ..
The sliders for Max Motoring Armature Amps and Max Motoring Battery Amps will only go up to the amps the controller is rated for.

The actual armature and battery amps can only be seen on the monitor screen and in the data log and will exceed 400A (for a XCT400 controller) if all the conditions are met and the motor is capable of drawing over 400A at the time.

Full disclosure: The five conditions I listed to get peak amps from a XCT controller are a compilation of tidbits of information I have gathered rather than direct and definitive statements from Alltrax, but I'm 99.9% certain the first 4 are true.

The last one (Hunting Buggy mode) is a bit iffy. In a nutshell, the controller may be in the peak amp mode and capable of passing more the 400A to the armature, but the acceleration is so mild when the Golf Car box is checked that the motor will be above the RPM where it is capable of drawing more than 400A before the controller is allowed to pass more than 400A.

Basically, in the Hunting Buggy mode you can adjust the throttle perimeters so the tires will spin or the cart will do wheelies (Depending on tire height and torque produced by motor -- Etc.) while in the Golf Car mode, slamming your foot to the floor won't spill your drink.
Old 05-16-2016, 08:42 AM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I guess I'll have to check for the hunting box. Of course, I don't know if I want more power. My wife allready refers to it as the "Psycho" cart. LOL.
Are you sure she is referring to the cart?
Old 05-16-2016, 08:44 AM   #16
Helirich
Gone Wild

Quote:
while in the Golf Car mode, slamming your foot to the floor won't spill your drink.
I might have to try that. Does it limit top speed? Probably won't work for me as I have to start going and wait for my dog to be on the side, then floor it. If I slowly speed up, he will get in front sometimes. (Not try to run him over)
Old 05-16-2016, 09:31 AM   #17
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
1.21gw --- Doc Brown mispronounced Gigawatts as Jigawatts.

The Controller Settings screen is a bit different for a XCT than it is for a SPM and the like...

To get the 460A:
1. you have to have a fan installed.
2. you have to have a speed sensor connected.
3. you have to have the Enable Speed Limit box selected.
4. you have to have the Turbo box selected.
5. you have to have the Hunting Buggy box selected.
Of course he did, but, he's the one who invented the time machine not me, he can say it however he wants.....

Alltrax told me last thursday that a fan was reccomended, Not required for "peak amp mode". In fact, they didnt seem to think the fan was as big a deal as i do. i order the fan on all controllers bigger than 300a.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 09:36 AM   #18
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I might have to try that. Does it limit top speed? Probably won't work for me as I have to start going and wait for my dog to be on the side, then floor it. If I slowly speed up, he will get in front sometimes. (Not try to run him over)
I haven't messed around with the Golf Car mode very much, but I'm pretty sure the top speed in both Hunting and Golf modes is whatever it is limited to by the Max RPM set by the Speed Limit slider.

Note: In the latest version of the Toolkit software, the two modes are labeled Turf and Street rather than Golf Car and Hunting Buggy. (See attached)

The text in the newer version is more PC saying you won't spin the tires on grass rather than saying you won't spill your drink.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Turbo - older toolkit.jpg (212.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Turbo - newer toolkit.jpg (208.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-16-2016, 09:52 AM   #19
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Of course he did, but, he's the one who invented the time machine not me, he can say it however he wants.....

Alltrax told me last thursday that a fan was reccomended, Not required for "peak amp mode". In fact, they didnt seem to think the fan was as big a deal as i do. i order the fan on all controllers bigger than 300a.
You are right in as far as Doc Brown and everybody else can pronounce it however they want to, but gigawatt it is still spelled and abbreviated the same way.

I wish Alltrax would get their stories straight.
I was told the fan was required to get maximum performance from an XCT.

Required or not for Peak Amp mode, I'd put a fan on all of them, including the 300A versions. (The flat surfaces of the fan tunnel are easier to keep clean. )
Old 05-16-2016, 10:37 AM   #20
Helirich
Gone Wild

Quote:
Are you sure she is referring to the cart?
If I'm driving, she's refuring to me. When she's driving, it's the cart. LOL

Quote:
The text in the newer version is more PC saying you won't spin the tires on grass rather than saying you won't spill your drink.
What if I want to spin the tires without spilling my drink?

Seriously, I wonder if it somehow accounts for a limited slip diff?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO