lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-01-2016, 10:50 AM   #1
Crusher
Not Yet Wild

Angry 2001 TXT will not run

I was replacing the receptacle and the black and white wires got together and flashed , after installing the receptacle it will not do anything , I cannot find any fuses , I need help , Jim
Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-01-2016, 10:55 AM   #2
mutant
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2001 TXT will not run

is it series drive? or does it have a run/tow switch?
mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 11:33 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Likely you burnt the reed switch - bypass it or replace it.

If bypassed the cart can run with charger plugged in
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ezgo Reed Switch bypass.jpg (169.2 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 03:05 PM   #4
Crusher
Not Yet Wild

Angry Re: 2001 TXT will not run

Hi again , I bypassed the reed switch and it still will do nothing , it does not have a tow switch that I know of . When I plug in the charger , the charger does not work , it was working before the flash , it was not plugged in at the time of the flash . I have bypassed the ign switch , still nothing . I do not hear a click from the solenoid when the accelerator is pressed . Jim
Old 08-01-2016, 03:32 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Okay now it sounds like 2 problems related to the incident. Use your meter to test the battery pack voltage. That voltage must be above 25v for the charger to click on. Now check voltage in the charge receptacle so you can see what the charger sees. Is it possible you have reversed the charge leads to the cart? white lead goes to forward battery (+). Somewhere there you should find the charging problem...
My guess is that a micro switch was also burnt if you have bypassed the reed switch with no solenoid click. Was the reed switch burnt?
Do you have a meter?

Check F&R micro switch on the driver's side.
Old 08-01-2016, 03:47 PM   #6
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Scotty if he has the White and black reversed on the batteries, this would also cause the charger to not work as well as the cart to not run...... Just a thought but maybe a pic of the connections to the batteries might be helpful......

still trying to figure out how replacing the receptacle would cause a flash between the white and black wires personally....... Did you buy just the receptacle without the wires attached? And if so, did you not disconnect the wires from the battery before starting to change the receptacle?
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 04:47 PM   #7
Crusher
Not Yet Wild

Hi again , I have 35.7 volts at the battery pack and at the charger receptacle , the white lead goes to forward battery , the reed switch has continuity . The Cart was in the forward position when the flash happened , I do not know how to test the micro switch , the one on the right side is the forward switch I guess , I do have a meter , Jim
Old 08-01-2016, 04:56 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

A micro switch is an on/off switch
The easiest way is to put the blk test lead on battery main - and red on the micro switch red wire post. Should read pack voltage ALL THE TIME> put the cart in gear and test for pack voltage at the blue wire post. No power? make sure the trigger is riding on the rotating cam, yes? then bad switch.

want to verify? put red and blue wire on the same terminal and cart will run.
Yes? bad switch... do not leave red and white wires connected. They must be switched
Old 08-01-2016, 04:58 PM   #9
Crusher
Not Yet Wild

Angry 2001 TXT will not run

Hi rabbitborn , I did purchase the receptacle with out the wires , I did not disconnect the battery cables [ bad mistake ] , the cart will not run in forward or reverse , there is no clicking from the solenoid , I have jumpered the ignition switch , thanks Jim
Old 08-01-2016, 05:04 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Nvr mnd that wascally wabbit. read my last post and go for a ride.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO