lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-25-2016, 09:35 AM   #11
CustomGolfCartGuy
Gone Wild

Default Re: new f/r switch now i go fast in reverse and slow in foward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
This IS correct.....that's what he meant.....and as I stated in my post, by swapping the high current cable at the 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock positions on the back of the F&R WILL do exactly that.....when he is currently placing it in FORWARD and going slow and if REVERSE it goes fast....by swapping those cables, his cart when put in FARWARD it will go fast, and in REVERSE it will go slow.

OR he could just swap the cables on the S1 a d S2 posts on the motor, will accomplish the same effect.
I was really hoping this was the problem because it's easy to fix, I switched 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock and all it did was made my direction lever work backwards. I put them back where they were and double checked the wiring doagram and I already had them correct
CustomGolfCartGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-25-2016, 09:56 AM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyscustoms View Post
I was really hoping this was the problem because it's easy to fix, I switched 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock and all it did was made my direction lever work backwards. I put them back where they were and double checked the wiring doagram and I already had them correct
Well, that's probably an incorrect statement, if the wiring was correct the speeds would be correct.
Send a picture of the F&R install. No close ups please
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 10:00 AM   #13
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Simple solution..... Unplug the orange wire from the micro on the F&R and you should have the same speed both forward and reverse.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 11:03 AM   #14
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Well, that's probably an incorrect statement, if the wiring was correct the speeds would be correct.
Scotty, he may have put arm on the front of the F&R 180 out. The lever should be pointing UP when installed correctly.....not DOWN, make sure yours is on correctly.

and if the shifter arm is on correctly, then what Rabbit mentioned will work as well as you have your MS's wired incorrectly.

looking at the front of the F&R (where the MS's are) the MS on your right (MS2) should have a BLUE wire on the right side (comes from the peddle box). and a RED wire on the left side of the same MS (it comes from the charging receptacle). there is a RED jumper between the MS's, then you should have an ORANGE wire going from the left side of the other MS (MS4) over to your controller.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 01:36 PM   #15
CustomGolfCartGuy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
Simple solution..... Unplug the orange wire from the micro on the F&R and you should have the same speed both forward and reverse.
did this and it works, but holy **** its fast in reverse. if it was my cart i wouldnt worry about it but being a customer cart ill have to figure something out.
Old 10-25-2016, 01:39 PM   #16
CustomGolfCartGuy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Scotty, he may have put arm on the front of the F&R 180 out. The lever should be pointing UP when installed correctly.....not DOWN, make sure yours is on correctly.

and if the shifter arm is on correctly, then what Rabbit mentioned will work as well as you have your MS's wired incorrectly.

looking at the front of the F&R (where the MS's are) the MS on your right (MS2) should have a BLUE wire on the right side (comes from the peddle box). and a RED wire on the left side of the same MS (it comes from the charging receptacle). there is a RED jumper between the MS's, then you should have an ORANGE wire going from the left side of the other MS (MS4) over to your controller.
it is pointing up and all the cables to it are correct as well as the micro switches. im going to see if the controller has maybe had cabled mixed up on it
Old 10-25-2016, 01:41 PM   #17
CustomGolfCartGuy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
scotty it is wired up exactly the way your diagram says, i even checked others on here to make sure i wasnt looking at it wrong. all cables and microswitch wires are correct. triple checked.
Old 10-25-2016, 02:02 PM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

okay - so if it is all wired correctly why is working backwards?
I'm just saying don't close that door because it very likely not correct and so far we see no pictures to tell us otherwise. I'm going down this road because not a week goes by a customer doesn't email me " I have installed everything exactly as your instructions say but, pick one: it won't run, it goes backwards, it sparks, it smokes, LED flashes red", you name it....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 02:51 PM   #19
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyscustoms View Post
did this and it works, but holy **** its fast in reverse. if it was my cart i wouldnt worry about it but being a customer cart ill have to figure something out.
So is it still faster in reverse than in forward? Or did the speeds even out?

I'm with Scotty on this though.... we really need Pics to help further......
Old 10-25-2016, 02:53 PM   #20
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Scotty, he may have put arm on the front of the F&R 180 out. The lever should be pointing UP when installed correctly.....not DOWN, make sure yours is on correctly..
Sir Nuke, I hadn't even thought about the arm being upside down, but yeah, in that case, what you said earlier would be right. It's been so long since I have seen one upside down I completely forgot about that situation......
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO