lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-18-2017, 06:27 PM   #1
Wildlifer
Not Yet Wild

Default New Batteries, maybe made it 1 mile

I changed all 6 to brand new 6/17 Duracell 110s, 215 Ah. 1995 Medalist. Batteries all read 6.34 and about 1 mile later started hearing a very dull quick clicking and it stopped. I pushed it home and the batteries all read 6.22. Please help.

The motor? The controller?

Thanks in Advance
Wildlifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-18-2017, 07:12 PM   #2
Wildlifer
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: New Batteries, maybe made it 1 mile

Let it sit for one hour, forward did nothing, put it in reverse and it took off, I drove it maybe 200 yards and into the garage on a steep driveway. The. Arteries we're at 6.25; I plugged in the charger and it was pulling 18 amps
Old 06-18-2017, 07:17 PM   #3
crash test dummy

let it charge til the charger shuts off
Old 06-18-2017, 07:21 PM   #4
PuttPutt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

With my limited knowledge and your description of your carts behavior I would start by checking the solenoid.

http://www.cartsunlimited.net/ezgo-troubleshooting.html
PuttPutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 07:23 PM   #5
PuttPutt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

started to make a post and got beat to the punch. But don't know how to delete my post.
PuttPutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 07:29 PM   #6
crash test dummy

Old 06-18-2017, 07:41 PM   #7
Wildlifer
Not Yet Wild

Thanks a lot for the replys ctd and puttputt
Old 06-18-2017, 07:49 PM   #8
crash test dummy

good read
Quote:
Originally Posted by roady89
Golf Cart Battery maintenance

Watering your golf cart batteries
Only add distilled water AFTER fully charging. The only time you should add water before charging is if the lead plates are exposed. Only then fill just above the lead plates.

It is important that all battery cells be filled properly to obtain good battery life. The water should completely cover the plates inside the battery, but should be about a quarter inch below the bottom of the fill tube.*Using a battery fill bottle will eliminate the quess work. Again, always use distilled water.

Use only distilled, deionized or demineralized water to replace the lost water in batteries. Using tap water from homes or buisnesses can produce calcium or magnesium sulfate crystals that can fill the pores and coat the plates therfore reducing battery life

Charging your batteries

Charge the batteries daily after each use. If you play golf; charge between rounds if possible.

Before you plug in the golf cart battery charger, inspect all battery cables for frays or corrosion and make sure the terminals are clean and tight.

Cleaning your batteries

Always neutralize the battery acid first before rinsing of with water. You can use a mixture of baking soda and water or get some battery acid cleaner from an auto parts store. Cleaning your batteries once a month is a good practice. If you minimize corrosion to the electrical system battery life can be increased and properly maintained batteries can last as long as 5 years.

Let the cleaner set for 5 to 10 minutes and rinse off with clean water. Be careful not to spray water directly into electrical components like your speed controller.

After rinsing if there is still deposits of battery acid spray again with the baking soda solution or cleaner and let it sit for at least 5 minutes before rinsing; repeat if required.

These deposits on the batteries must be removed because they can cause your golf cart batteries to self discharge. If there is still evidence of corrosion get some protective gloves and a stiff bristle brush and scrub the deposits off. Dirt and debris can build up quicker on lifted golf carts because they are typically used off road.

These basic cleaning tips also work on gas golf cart batteries
attached is a guide for new batteries
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Battery Guide.pdf (45.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-18-2017, 08:15 PM   #9
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuttPutt View Post
With my limited knowledge and your description of your carts behavior I would start by checking the solenoid.

http://www.cartsunlimited.net/ezgo-troubleshooting.html
Assuming a Medalist is a series, neither the solenoid nor the controller have a clue or care about whether you're going forward or reverse. If the two behave differently, look elsewhere, but pay attention to whether the solenoid clicks when it doesn't go.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 08:46 PM   #10
Wildlifer
Not Yet Wild

Good read ctd, thanks you!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO