lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-27-2017, 09:37 AM   #11
RXLuke
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: What am I worth?

Series is better right? Easier to work on and even though everything one can change is expensive, it's easier to install and less complex...?
RXLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-27-2017, 09:40 AM   #12
Gearhead1956
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Yea that left front tire is on backwards
Gearhead1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 09:41 AM   #13
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

DCS cart has good torque but have to be careful about low voltage. It is also goo because the forward/reverse main current switching is done in the controller so no FNR switch to melt. Series will have better torque usually but more moving parts and connections. Both are not real complicated.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 09:45 AM   #14
mutant
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

series carts are slower going up hill-fast going down...48v is a big improvement but requires a full upgrade on the supporting drive system- the slightly more expensive upgrade over a DCS or PDS...

+ for series-very durable and good torque(think hunting buggy)....not as refined drive system(slightly less speed overall-weaker hill climbing speed)...
mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 10:35 AM   #15
RXLuke
Getting Wild

Club Car

I had a series 48v CC DS and it literally went about 5-6 mph uphill with just 2 and a toddler. Kicked it down the road after restoration and the next guy threw brand new pack in it and still same results. I'm thinking series carts are just not the way to go for hilly terrain. Just will be used on the street surfaces and around the yard, but it's apparent that I could place 2 more 6 v batteries into it and juice the motor, per TahoeDave. Would that require a new 48 volt charger? The other alternative is to replace the controller and solenoid, possibly the f/r switch too. There's a $600 project in a cart that I'm not convinced would even compare to the 19mph limited flat/downhill and 14-15 uphill CC Precedent I have.
Old 07-27-2017, 11:06 AM   #16
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If your DS was that slow there was another issue. My buddy had a 48 series DS that would spin 20 inch tires on the pavement and would climb hills with not problem. Not at 20mph but 12-15. But it is gone now right ? Series carts are usually slower in stock form but are generally better with hills. The newer sepex controls help with that
Old 07-27-2017, 11:46 AM   #17
RXLuke
Getting Wild

Club Car

OK so it's series or DCS. The DCS system is not very common? The f/r handle is a giveaway that it is not a PDS. So more than likely it'll be series and I'd have to upgrade controller, wires, solenoid, and f/r switch to alter performance without ruining one of those items. If it's regen DCS, the I'd get away with controller and wires only right? Some other threads have discussed that the DCS should NOT be lifted without upgraded controller... otherwise performance is killed and something, somewhere, at some time will burn out due to the increased amperage needed to move the cart from standstill. Also, the regen will have much more pop up hills than the series, correct? I'll be looking hard for a tow/run switch and praying one is there.

Is the DCS better, worse, same as series? Obviously, they're different systems, but I want the highest speeds possible going up neighborhood hills. Not making any hunting buggies. Just want safe, quality cart that'll do 15-18mph. ��
Old 07-27-2017, 11:50 AM   #18
ARKSoft84
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by RXLuke View Post
Ok so it's series or DCS. The DCS system is not very common? The f/r handle is a giveaway that it is not a PDS. So more than likely it'll be series and I'd have to upgrade controller, wires, solenoid, and f/r switch to alter performance without ruining one of those items. If it's regen DCS, the I'd get away with controller and wires only right? Also, the regen will have much more pop up hills than the series, correct? I'll be looking hard for a tow/run switch and praying one is there.

Is the DCS better, worse, same as series? Obviously, they're different systems, but I want he highest speeds possible going up neighborhood hills. Not making any hunting buggies. Just want safe, quality cart. ��
It's more of a whats your Use type of thing. If you are looking for an all out torque buggy, in the woods, hunting style cart than Series would probably be your answer

If you are looking to move people with speed than Sepex (regen) is probably going to be your answer.

Either one can be built to be way more capable.

I test drove multiple carts before landing with the one I have. If I would have stumbled upon that cart and would have been able to get it for that price, I would have pounced on it.
ARKSoft84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 02:28 PM   #19
swm63
Gone Wild

Looking at the pictures in the Craigslist ad posted by ARKSoft84, BOTH front tires are backwards. Good catch kgsc.

Just need to swap them.
swm63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 02:46 PM   #20
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RXLuke View Post
OK so it's series or DCS. The DCS system is not very common? The f/r handle is a giveaway that it is not a PDS. So more than likely it'll be series and I'd have to upgrade controller, wires, solenoid, and f/r switch to alter performance without ruining one of those items. If it's regen DCS, the I'd get away with controller and wires only right? Some other threads have discussed that the DCS should NOT be lifted without upgraded controller... otherwise performance is killed and something, somewhere, at some time will burn out due to the increased amperage needed to move the cart from standstill. Also, the regen will have much more pop up hills than the series, correct? I'll be looking hard for a tow/run switch and praying one is there.

Is the DCS better, worse, same as series? Obviously, they're different systems, but I want the highest speeds possible going up neighborhood hills. Not making any hunting buggies. Just want safe, quality cart that'll do 15-18mph. ��
Okay.. The shifter handle is not a definite give away. They did make a few carts that were PDS and had the handle. Not a bunch but they were made. DCS carts are not bad carts but had issues with low voltage burning up the controller. If the cart in the picture truly is a 2003 it is probably a series cart because I believe DCS was phased out for PDS in 2000ish. A 2003 would most definitely be a PDS.

Now that said, a series cart is a good cart for hills but at 36 volts with 22 inch tires stock motor and controller you are looking at right around 15mph on flat ground. To get more speed you add voltage which means new charger, controller, solenoid, preferably a reversing contactor to replace the FnR switch, wires and eventually a motor. That all done with the appropriate motor controller setup hills hill not be a problem and you you will know every inch of that cart.

Or ditch the idea and go find an RXV AC drive
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO