lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-26-2017, 04:13 PM   #1
txyachtguy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default New to me 2007 EZGO TXT PDS 36V Electric

Hello forum, I am obviously new here. I want to say thanks for any advice in advance. I just purchased our 1st golf car from a friend. It is well kept, 1.5 year old Trojan batteries that have been properly maintained, rear seat kit, windshield, full enclosure. Stock suspension and stock wheels. I bought it right and would like to upgrade it a little. We will use it for driving around the neighborhood, which does have paved golf car/hiking trails through some hills. I am thinking of the following upgrades immediately.
1: New wheels with new 205/50/10 tires
2: 24" LED light bar on front
3: 36" LED light bar on roof
4: 24" LED light bar of back of roof
5: LED accent lights inside and underneath car

Any feedback on these would be great, as well as advice on other upgrades. I thank you in advance!
txyachtguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-26-2017, 08:21 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New to me 2007 EZGO TXT PDS 36V Electric

Congrats on the new ride and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to BGW. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wives’, husbands, girlfriend’s and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

MAGIC FRIDGE.jpg

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 09:13 PM   #3
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Hi tx, sounds like you're excited about your first cart. I'll bet you'll be looking to do even more than your list once you dive into this forum a bit. The help you'll receive here is phenomenal.

I don't know a ton but I'll give my two cents on your upgrades.

1. Many have been going to 12" wheels. IIRC, on a stock ezgo, you can have a total diameter of ~20" without any lift. Someone will jump in with the real answer. A taller wheel will give more speed but at a loss of torque, which may not be an issue for you depending on the hills you have in your area. Also, I'm pretty sure the bigger wheels can be more demanding on stock controller and motor.

2. Sounds like you'll have plenty of light.
3. You'll need a separate battery or a reducer to run your 12v add ons. Using two batteries, as from the factory, is not good for the pack.

On a good note, guys speak well of the pds, especially once it's upgraded.

Good luck and have fun with it.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 06:41 AM   #4
rking1998
Getting Wild

I just put 20" tires with 10" wheels on my EZGO TXT with a stock suspension. They fit fine as long as I am only driving it on flat, straight road.

The problem is that my stock suspension was not made for the rear seat (not to mention a couple of large passengers) and I would have tire rub on every corner and bump. In fact, I could step on one corner of my rear seat and my wheel well would touch the rear tire. I am now installing heavy duty leaf springs to correct that problem. I have one installed and not only is it a lot stiffer, but it also lifted that side by 2 1/2".

IMG_0522.jpg

Tex, check to see if you have regular leaf springs (two leafs) or heavy duty leaf springs (3 or 4 leafs). If you don't have heavy duty leaf springs, I would recommend putting them on as an upgrade.

Of course, this might not be an issue with the 18" diameter of the 205/50/10 tires.
rking1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 08:19 PM   #5
txyachtguy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the replies! I ordered heavy duty leaf springs. At wide open, i feel a little bouncing that feels like it is coming from the back. Any ideas?
txyachtguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 08:35 PM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Stock 8" wheels are notoriously "not round". Get back to us if the problem continues with new wheels.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO