lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-30-2017, 09:07 PM   #1
swilliams1005
Not Yet Wild

Default EZ-GO Freedom RXV lights and charging Issue

Ok so i just replaced the batteries couple days ago and after installing and hooking up all the wiring like it was before i went to turn on the lights to test to make sure they worked and they came on and went out in a milla second, and the charger will not work. I have checked every fuse that i can find and made sure all batteries were good. Anyone else run into something like this? Oh and the cart runs fine just lights and charger will not work.
swilliams1005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-31-2017, 05:03 AM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZ-GO Freedom RXV lights and charging Issue

It sounds like you hooked the lights up to a voltage source that was too high and burned them out.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 12:47 PM   #3
swilliams1005
Not Yet Wild

Would that cause charger to stop working also.
Old 10-31-2017, 01:55 PM   #4
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I assume the lights worked and the cart worked and charged normally before battery swap? This cart has 12v batteries?

Does the cart have a reducer for the lights or are the lights hooked to one of the 12v batteries.

Just a thought: Assuming no reducer, if you possibly mixed up the light connection wires and the charge port wires, the lights would get a instant 48v and blow immediately and the charger would only see 12 volts and not come on because it doesn't see it's minimum voltage. There could be other combinations of miss connected wires with the same result. Since the cart runs it's likely you have the "big" power cables correct.

All of us at one time or another have made a wiring error we would have sworn we did correctly.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 07:13 PM   #5
EZHO
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
It sounds like you hooked the lights up to a voltage source that was too high and burned them out.
+1 ...... http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...v-12-volt.html
Mili-second
EZHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 04:40 PM   #6
swilliams1005
Not Yet Wild

Sorry for the late post, i had ground wires mixed up with the charger and lights all is working now and i have actually sold it as of today, Thanks for all the help yall.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO