lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-24-2018, 09:36 AM   #1
Tunstall18
Not Yet Wild

Default Changing oil in ezgo rxv electric

So I put a lift kit on my golf cart and noticed a oil leak coming from the drain plug on my 2011 ezgo rxv electric cart. When I called around to ask how to add oil and change the oil out I was told I had to jack up the cart remove the passanger side tire and pull the axle out and dump the oil down the axel??? Does this sound right to anybody? There is no fill hole on the top of the motor so that’ is what they are telling me to do. Can anybody else relate or help me out? Thanks
Tunstall18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-24-2018, 12:02 PM   #2
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Changing oil in ezgo rxv electric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunstall18 View Post
So I put a lift kit on my golf cart and noticed a oil leak coming from the drain plug on my 2011 ezgo rxv electric cart. When I called around to ask how to add oil and change the oil out I was told I had to jack up the cart remove the passanger side tire and pull the axle out and dump the oil down the axel??? Does this sound right to anybody? There is no fill hole on the top of the motor so that’ is what they are telling me to do. Can anybody else relate or help me out? Thanks
Sounds right all but the passenger side. Most do the driver side. Use a 75w -140 Full synthetic gear oil.

Permatex® Gear Oil RTV Gasket Maker on the pan.

Yes don't forget the friction modifier also.

You just might need a new drain plug if it isn't sealing right.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 12:19 PM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

According to the RXV owners manual.....there IS a check/fill plug. OR did EZ GO lie to us??

Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 01:09 PM   #4
Tunstall18
Not Yet Wild

What are your thoughts on just jacking it up to one side and trying to put oil in the drain plug some how instead of taking the axle out?
Tunstall18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 01:22 PM   #5
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Jack up driver side only. Axle comes out pretty easy. That's the easy way to do it.

Castle nut 70 ft lbs min.

Pan bolts 16-24 ft lbs.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO