lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-25-2018, 02:40 PM   #1
Poser
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default F/R Ezgo TXT Terminal Identification Problems

I'm 99% certain I've got this right butt... I put in a new F/R manual switch in my '97 TXT series cart. It didn't fix the problem of fast backwards and slow forward. I've only got one more possibility of what it could be. I have assumed that the terminal designations in the wiring diagrams are looking at the rear of the switch toward the front of the cart.

Counterclockwise from the bottom - ABCD

Since everything works but my controller is treating it like I want to go fast in reverse and slow in forward it occurred to me that the diagram may be oriented from the front and I've got B and D wrong.

Can anyone tell me for sure which one it is? And... If I've got it right, what would make the cart go much faster in reverse than forward?

One last thought. If I reverse the B and D terminals will the cart go forward in the R position and backward in the F position?

Thanks. I've followed every wire and they all match the diagram if I've got the F/R switch right.
Poser is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-25-2018, 03:11 PM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: F/R Ezgo TXT Terminal Identification Problems

You posted the question in the Club Car section... but if the cables on the "B" and "D" position go to Motor terminals "S1" and "S2", then changing those 2 cables around:
1) Will change the direction the Motor turns when the lever is on that position.

2) Will change the max speed the Motor turns when the lever is on that position.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 03:41 PM   #3
Poser
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

2) Will change the max speed the Motor turns when the lever is on that position.
[/INDENT][/QUOTE]

So... If I swap the wires, the cart will go fast in forward but the switch will be in the reverse position? Good thing I didn't hook up the reverse buzzer. I'll try again to get this in the right place.
Old 04-25-2018, 03:41 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You have this part right :
Counterclockwise from the bottom - ABCD
Which begs the question which speed controller is in the cart?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 04:39 PM   #5
Poser
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
You posted the question in the Club Car section... but if the cables on the "B" and "D" position go to Motor terminals "S1" and "S2", then changing those 2 cables around:
1) Will change the direction the Motor turns when the lever is on that position.

It did. There's something else reversed somewhere, but I'll put an F on the right side and an R on the left and use it. I'm betting some other part in here is non-standard or one of the smaller wires which have been replaced before I got it are switched. I just can't figure out which ones. Thanks.
Old 04-25-2018, 05:20 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

If your F&R lever is moved towards you for reverse the linkage tab may be mounted up side down on the center pivot shaft
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 07:51 PM   #7
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

If when the lever is moved to the Forward position (regardless of which direction the cart is moving) the speed is half, there is no way to increase the speed by moving big cables.

The 1/2 speed input on the Controller comes from the micro switch, not the motor direction (big cables).

Is Your horn connected?

Does it sound in Neutral?
Old 04-25-2018, 07:57 PM   #8
Poser
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
If when the lever is moved to the Forward position (regardless of which direction the cart is moving) the speed is half, there is no way to increase the speed by moving big cables.

The 1/2 speed input on the Controller comes from the micro switch, not the motor direction (big cables).

Is Your horn connected?

Does it sound in Neutral?
I swapped B and D and am running the switch backwards. The thing runs like a top.
I didn't hook up the buzzer, so I'm good right where it is. I put new markers on the switch and I'll run that way for a while. At some point, some of the smaller wires were hooked up wrong. I haven't been able to track that down yet.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:59 PM   #9
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I was thinking one way they could have messed up is if they used N.C. contacts for the reverse micro-switch, that would cause the cart to run fast when the lever was in Reverse, but it should also sound the buzzer in Neutral.

Since You don't have the buzzer connected, You can troubleshoot the issue whenever you are ready.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:06 PM   #10
Poser
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
I was thinking one way they could have messed up is if they used N.C. contacts for the reverse micro-switch, that would cause the cart to run fast when the lever was in Reverse, but it should also sound the buzzer in Neutral.

Since You don't have the buzzer connected, You can troubleshoot the issue whenever you are ready.
Entirely possible. I'll start that there when I get ambitious again.
Thank you.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO