lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-27-2018, 12:40 PM   #11
hyper1
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 6-8V vs 4-12V batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by apro2929 View Post
Sorry , I can't get it .. I ordered this: https://shop.txtsv.com/danaher-6-8v-...conversion-kit
How could i know if it is freedom mode or not .
Also , What is the effects of being in this mode or not ? Is it maximum speed only or there are other effects ?

seems like for a grand you could have got what you needed from scottyb on here and saved some money.
hyper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-27-2018, 01:40 PM   #12
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper1 View Post
the guy mine came from used a programmer to set mine. I don't remember him using a key....but mine will run 18mph with me and my son in it. The biggest part I see is it takes off very fast, a lot faster than my gas power cart did.
Are you referencing a TXT, like in your avatar or a RXV? Danaher controllers are unique to the RXV.

RXV is a different animal.

Scottyb doesn't sell any parts/kits for the RXV that I'm aware of.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 05:01 PM   #13
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by apro2929 View Post
Sorry , I can't get it .. I ordered this: https://shop.txtsv.com/danaher-6-8v-...conversion-kit
How could i know if it is freedom mode or not .
Also , What is the effects of being in this mode or not ? Is it maximum speed only or there are other effects ?
That's a very good price for being a direct from E-Z-GO price... it'll be a Fleet version, not Freedom. Freedom Mode gives you higher speed, nearly 20 MPH with stock tires if turned up to max with a handset. The Fleet Mode RXV controllers will usually be set for 14.6 MPH. All of the factory default settings will be identical to a stock Curtis 235 Amp controller, except the low end torque will be higher, especially if you upgrade the battery to battery and battery to controller cables. That controller is capable of being tuned up quite significantly. With 2 guage cables, it can deliver up to its rating of 1050 amps of combined 3 phase current to the motor in your RXV! Are you planning on drag racing it? LOL
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 05:03 PM   #14
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper1 View Post
seems like for a grand you could have got what you needed from scottyb on here and saved some money.
I don't think scottyb sells RXV controllers yet. Maybe with the aftermarket controllers coming out, he might start. Only scotty knows. LOL
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 04:36 AM   #15
apro2929
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
That's a very good price for being a direct from E-Z-GO price... it'll be a Fleet version, not Freedom. Freedom Mode gives you higher speed, nearly 20 MPH with stock tires if turned up to max with a handset. The Fleet Mode RXV controllers will usually be set for 14.6 MPH. All of the factory default settings will be identical to a stock Curtis 235 Amp controller, except the low end torque will be higher, especially if you upgrade the battery to battery and battery to controller cables. That controller is capable of being tuned up quite significantly. With 2 guage cables, it can deliver up to its rating of 1050 amps of combined 3 phase current to the motor in your RXV! Are you planning on drag racing it? LOL
Okay , Thank you very much.
apro2929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO