lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-28-2018, 07:41 AM   #11
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Buying First Cart..Which of these carts should I pull the trigger on?

Just something to think about. Kids these days expect instant gratification with all the technology available to them. I bought my first cart about 2 years ago, it was a DS that I knew I was going to modify. I wish I would have had my child there with me to experience the build. I remember my dad & I fixing up an old go cart when I was young, he used it as a teaching tool and an opportunity to spend time with me. I agree, the Precedent is the shortcut to happiness but a project cart would get them away from the technology, you & them would both learn something and everyone will appreciate it more. Good Luck!
Hunter450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-28-2018, 03:54 PM   #12
Sethmac
Getting Wild

Default Re: Buying First Cart..Which of these carts should I pull the trigger on?

Good thinking...well the Precedent fell through anyway.

So now I'm choosing between the newer DS ($1500) and the older DS which I've talked them down to ($750) on...

I was thinking newer DS with the A-4 Motor...what do y'all think?
Sethmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 09:47 PM   #13
dannyre
Gone Wild

Club Car

If you are basically starting from scratch, the cheaper one sounds like the correct direction to take. It's a club car so frame will not be an issue, but check the shock mounts, front springs and steering and such. Front end and rear springs should not be a problem, a lift kit and dual action rear springs for the support need for the added rear seat will take their place anyway...tear it appart and make it yours....
dannyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 11:33 PM   #14
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethmac View Post
Good thinking...well the Precedent fell through anyway.

So now I'm choosing between the newer DS ($1500) and the older DS which I've talked them down to ($750) on...

I was thinking newer DS with the A-4 Motor...what do y'all think?
The older one is most likely a Series cart and the newer one is at least an IQ cart/Sepex cart, so I would definitely go with the newer DS and still try to negotiate down any if possible.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car