lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-28-2018, 10:27 AM   #11
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Txt 48 controller diagnosing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan33Klein View Post
Bob, did you install this controller into a cart yet?

Thanks
No I did not. I do not own a TXT. I do have a 1985 Marathon Series resistor cart, but this is a SepEx controller. The only reason I bought it was to use it to set up a benchtop programming cable for these controllers. I've been programming them in the carts, now I can program them without the cart like I can do with the RXV controllers.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-30-2018, 05:16 PM   #12
Dan33Klein
Getting Wild

Got the new controller today. Cart is working great!!
Only getting 14-15 mph tho. Supposed to get 19.5 programmer for freedom.
But anyways I’m just glad it was just the controller.
Dan33Klein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 05:24 PM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I know it is $400 vs $200 but a new Alltrax XCT with 2 yr warranty will give 22-23 mph and faster acceleration.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 05:31 PM   #14
Dan33Klein
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I know it is $400 vs $200 but a new Alltrax XCT with 2 yr warranty will give 22-23 mph and faster acceleration.
That was going to be my original route. Alltraxx 500A and 400A solenoid.
I sent you an email about it and never heard anything back...
I wanted to get the cart up and going ASAP to enjoy the decent weather while we still have it here so I just went with a stock controller to get it rolling again.

I think the alltraxx and a new motor will be in order in the near future. I can try to recoup my costs of this stock controller after that.

Thanks!
Old 08-30-2018, 05:53 PM   #15
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

The ones he was selling were the 1206HB-5201 Fleet version. As far as I know, he did not have any of the 1206HB-5203 Freedom version.

With a bit of programming, I can make that stock controller triple or better the accel rate and up you to 21/22 MPH with stock tires. You would have to be without the controller for mail travelling time both ways however.

If it were me, I would just hold on and get the Alltrax you want, and after you've got that installed, sell the 1206HB-5201 to recover some on the money you've spent. Have me hop it up before you sell it and it'll fetch a premium.
Old 08-30-2018, 05:53 PM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I'm sorry I missed your email. This has been the busiest summer ever with thousands of emails each month.
Old 08-30-2018, 05:59 PM   #17
Dan33Klein
Getting Wild

The description on the eBay ad says 20mph with stock tires. I even messaged the seller ahead of time and confirmed it had the “freedom” programming done to it. He confirmed it did. Maybe each cart is different or maybe he was not honest. I almost believe it is freedom tho because it seems like there is little if not none regen braking.

Sending it to you is tempting but I don’t want to be down while the weather is nice. Maybe once it gets colder out I would. I was going to ask if you want the fried controller for anything? It is of no use to me.

ScottyB
No worries like I said I will probably be upgrading to the alltrax soon and you will be getting my business.
Old 08-30-2018, 06:09 PM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

No worries - like I said we just got a little over-whelmed this year.

Show a picture of what you got.
Old 08-30-2018, 06:15 PM   #19
Dan33Klein
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
No worries - like I said we just got a little over-whelmed this year.

Show a picture of what you got.
Of the cart?
Old 08-30-2018, 08:58 PM   #20
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan33Klein View Post
The description on the eBay ad says 20mph with stock tires. I even messaged the seller ahead of time and confirmed it had the “freedom” programming done to it. He confirmed it did. Maybe each cart is different or maybe he was not honest. I almost believe it is freedom tho because it seems like there is little if not none regen braking.

Sending it to you is tempting but I don’t want to be down while the weather is nice. Maybe once it gets colder out I would. I was going to ask if you want the fried controller for anything? It is of no use to me.

ScottyB
No worries like I said I will probably be upgrading to the alltrax soon and you will be getting my business.
The one I bought did not have Freedom enabled. He gets these used TXT48 controllers from carts that had been upgraded with aftermarket controllers. I doubt he would pay the high cost of a multiuse passkey when it's not needed to sell them on eBay. Those that tend to pay for upgrades are the ones that are tired of the slow speed and low power of a stock Fleet controller. Those with Freedom mode are probably not going to upgrade for a few MPH more.

I like regen being on, as it really helps with braking at higher speeds. The mechanical brakes on the TXT48s I've test driven were pretty mild without the regen enabled. Being used to the regen braking of the RXVs has spoiled me.

That fried controller still has some usable parts. Even if the bottom board is too far gone, the top logic board probably survived. I can PayPal you the funds to cover the cost to mail it if you want to send it.

Bob
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO