lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-15-2018, 10:15 PM   #51
sunking
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2007 TXT 36v needs new batteries

Johnny first allow me to say I do not have a real issue with you. Like you I made an honest mistake and typo. I do have an issue and bias against US Battery for false and undocumented claims which I will not go into here. You most likely know exactly what I am talking about.

I did notice something in your signature that caught my attention you may want to visit. I noticed you use soldered battery terminals. Might want to revisit that subject. There is a good reason why Automotive, Aircraft, and Marine industry standards do not allow their use. National Electrical Code only allows for soldered connections providing solder ism not relied upon for mechanical or electrical connection.

Give you another tip from the utility industry. Check Out a product made by San Chem called No-Od-Id Special A battery grease. It is the only anti-oxidant telecom, electric, and water utilities wil allow to be used. It is so good many a bridges are protected with it. Apply correctly and you have a 50 year connections and maybe even longer. There are some -48 VDC with 50 years of service still around in cities like Houston, San Francisco, and New Orleans with ZERO corrosion issues. A tube will last you and your grand children your whole life. You start by treating the wire skinner before you compress a terminal on.

One last tip I have for you is battery Term Post fuses. Although limited to 300 amps max a Marine Battery Fuse Block is hard to beat. Much more rugged and durable then ANN fuses, and Marine Rated. I use the Dual Version made by Blue Sea.

sunking is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-16-2018, 11:54 AM   #52
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2007 TXT 36v needs new batteries

Sunking, no real issue with you either. Admittedly, I'm a bit OCD due to having lawyers looking over my shoulders since the mid '70's and spooks doing same in the preceding decade. (Military intelligence prior to medical devices)

Yes I'm pretty sure I know what you are talking about, some of USB's claims are iffy to say the least. Like people, statistics can be tortured into saying anything and I don't know who is the worst, but all battery manufacturers bend the truth in their favor. It gets worse when subtle changes are made to the test parameters to get the desired results. It's akin to the HP rating wars of the muscle cars of the '60's and the output power of stereo amps.

The ring terminal ends on my high current cables are silver soldered rather than Pb/Sn and have lasted 7 years so far. I got them from Carts Unlimited, who is now both crimping and silver soldering the ends on (See IR images on Pg-2 of attached Trojan white paper), so I'll probably replace them all when I go to 48V with 8V batteries.

I started out using Vaseline, but went to NO-OX-ID A Special a few years ago. Also use it for car and lawn mower batteries as well as in the breaker box and switches/outlets I replace. You're right, my grandkids will inherent the tube with over half remaining.

Thanks for the fuse tip.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf WP_BatteryCableGuide_0512.pdf (293.1 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries, replacement batteries
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO