lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-17-2018, 08:02 PM   #1
mattanda
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default BobBoyce is the MAN!!!!

About 10 days ago i came to this forum looking for ideas to speed up my RXV. I saw several post talk about a guy named Bob Boyce. I made contact with him and he told me he could fix my problem. Five days mailing to and back and my cart went from 17 mph to 27 mph.
I want to thank Bob for being a stand up guy and for helping everyone out on this forum. I owe you big time and I hope one day I can return the favor.
mattanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-17-2018, 08:16 PM   #2
Dan33Klein
Getting Wild

Default Re: BobBoyce is the MAN!!!!

He did the same for me... great guy!
Dan33Klein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 08:44 PM   #3
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Yup. Bob is a fantastic resource on this forum. Can't say enough about his knowledge of darn near any make, brand, or power source!!
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 12:50 AM   #4
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

What other forums are you on, Bob? Just for lurking - not stalking.

I got kicked off of more than I'm still on. I never lasted more than a few months on ones with female mods.

You stories are great, and I gather from your off-gridness, you have a few more you'd rather not share online.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 01:14 AM   #5
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

[QUOTE=mattanda;1541854]About 10 days ago i came to this forum looking for ideas to speed up my RXV. I saw several post talk about a guy named Bob Boyce. I made contact with him and he told me he could fix my problem. Five days mailing to and back and my cart went from 17 mph to 27 mph.
I want to thank Bob for being a stand up guy and for helping everyone out on this forum. I owe you big time and I hope one day I can return the favor.[/QUOTE

Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 01:31 AM   #6
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Yeah, gots to get me an RXV. I'm still in the stone ages. Perhaps a tool-making cave man.

I actually learned something new about posts on "series" carts. I always took series to mean controller series, and totally forgot about my poor resister series ancestors.

But ALL series carts can be trouble-shot with a cheap DMM. I miss my 1970 Plymouth Duster and 1972 Chevy van.

Gonna crawl back in my cave.
Old 09-18-2018, 06:41 AM   #7
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
What other forums are you on, Bob? Just for lurking - not stalking.

I got kicked off of more than I'm still on. I never lasted more than a few months on ones with female mods.

You stories are great, and I gather from your off-gridness, you have a few more you'd rather not share online.
First off, thank you all for your kind words. I am a member of a couple of EV forums, but this is the only forum that I actively monitor and respond on anymore, when I have the time of course.

You are quite correct. I have built myself a complex here, and EVs/NEVs are a part of my future strategy. I have developed methods of powering my charging systems, well beyond anything produced by others. Charging systems that do not rely upon the electrical grid. I do not pay a utility company for the power I use to charge my batteries. While I do have generators in storage, they have not been used since I dragged one with me to Homestead FL after Hurricane Andrew. I am an amatuer radio operator, but am rarely active on the ham bands. It is mainly for emergency communications, and keeping in touch with military assets.

Well, must take off for a Dr Appt shortly, blood work day...

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 07:30 AM   #8
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Yeah, gots to get me an RXV. I'm still in the stone ages. Perhaps a tool-making cave man.

I actually learned something new about posts on "series" carts. I always took series to mean controller series, and totally forgot about my poor resister series ancestors.

But ALL series carts can be trouble-shot with a cheap DMM. I miss my 1970 Plymouth Duster and 1972 Chevy van.

Gonna crawl back in my cave.
I hear ya! My "at home" cart is an '87 Marathon resistor cart. Very dependable for cruising around the neighborhood. I know it's inefficient, but everything on it can be checked out with a cheap (or Harbor Freight free) DVM.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 06:34 PM   #9
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I think I read that to get your money's worth out of your batteries, you should keep the pedal either up, or to the floor. Coast in between.
Old 09-19-2018, 11:25 AM   #10
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
I think I read that to get your money's worth out of your batteries, you should keep the pedal either up, or to the floor. Coast in between.
You are correct. On a resistor cart anything less than full blast and you're wasting the rest dissipated as heat into the surrounding air off of the resistor coils. So yes that's the way I drive it: full blast, coast or brakes.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO