lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-24-2018, 08:59 PM   #11
anziosaint
Gone Wild

Default Re: Lester Summit II charging issue?

OK...... While researching the chargers I thought that all of the summit II chargers were 36/48 volt compattable....I thought they could be used for 36 or 48 volt applications???? I really hope I did not buy the wrong charger!!!!

The Lester website states that "Both 36 and 48 volt applications supported from a single unit" regarding the Lester Summit II. Am I misreading that???
anziosaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-24-2018, 10:54 PM   #12
anziosaint
Gone Wild

For anyone interested...... after reading the manual thoroughly it looks like I did in fact order a charger that had specific factory pre-sets for a 36 volt cart... ALTHOUGH- this same charger can be switched to charge my 48 volt cart by simply adjusting the charging parameters via the Bluetooth app. I can even search for my battery type and match the corresponding charge profile for optimal charge algorithms. Not sure if anyone is interested in this specific charger as this thread has not seemed to peak more than a few people's interest but I will connect the charger tomorrow and make some adjustments via the app on my phone. I will post the results for those interested.
Old 09-25-2018, 05:14 AM   #13
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I agree, it looks like the Profile Numbers listed for your model are the same as the ones listed for the model 30600 (listed as 48-36v/650W).

It is confusing since they list your model 29900 as 36v/650W, but it appears it is their way to describe the factory pre-configuration and not its single voltage use.

The 22251 profile should work.

The only other issue I have seen is that some places will sell you the charger with the cables for onBoard installation but not change the setting in the charger to "onBoard".

That will cause the charger to only run every 15 days since by default it would only initiate a new charge cycle if the batteries were disconnected.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 08:08 PM   #14
anziosaint
Gone Wild

****UPDATE***
So I had a chance to get to the cart and charger today. We season camp and it is at the campground. I used the blutooth function to change the charging profile so the charger will be flexible. I.e. .... it will read the pack whether it is a 48 or 36 volt pack and then charge with a accompanying charge profile linked to each voltage. Those profiles were downloaded from the cloud in seconds using the app. I left the campground and the pack appeared to be charging correctly now.

Question???? The pack reading was showing a measly 49.9-50.00 volts before the charging cycle started ramping the pack up. The battery charge percentage ( per the app) showed the pack as only 50%. What does that mean? Most charts say that a 50v pack is at 80%. Is this because I have for the last 2 charges used a non smart charger to charge the pack where I would shut it off at 60 volts as measured by a multimeter? Is this wHat people mean when they say that a pack is only getting a "face charge" and not a true complete and thorough charge?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car