lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-20-2018, 09:32 PM   #1
crowe211
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Cart Batteries

36volt 2000 EZGO TXT series cart
450 alltrax controller
14 inch wheels
23 inch tires
6inch lift
12 volt accessory battery for stereo and leds.

A couple weeks ago I was out riding around. I had made the mistake of not charging my batteries before going for a cruise. My voltmeter read 36-37 when i started. I noticed it was a little sluggish but it made it to where i needed to go. On the way back i could see my volts were down in the low 30s and when mashing the gas it was dipping into the 20s. I approached a steep hill that is the only way back to the house. The cart dies mid hill. My voltmeter went out and i had to push it back home. Bought the cart with 4 batteries dated B16 (Feb 2016) and 2 from mid 2015. The cart has ran fine for 2 years and even on runs close to 2 hours. When i got the cart home i noticed a battery terminal seemed like it melted away just enough to cause the cable to be loose. I decided I would replace all of my batteries this weekend. For some reason after replacing my batteries my horn does not honk it sort of lightly makes a noise like a light hollow knock is the best way to describe it. My voltmeter is also still not working. I took the cart out for a very short run today and it had 39.8 on a hand held meter right off the charger prior to leaving. During the charge it read 44.7. when i arrived back home it was 37.9.

1) is this a normal reading of volts for a quick run?

2) what should i look for to find the problem with the horn

3) What could have caused the voltmeter to suddenly stop working like it did and should i replace it?

I am just looking for any knowledge out there that may help me get it back to where it was prior to it completely dying on the hill.

Thank you ahead of time to anyone who can help.

36volt 2000 EZGO TXT 450 alltrax controller
crowe211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-20-2018, 10:34 PM   #2
R.Boyd
Getting Wild

Default Re: Cart Batteries

What batteries did you put in it and what type of charger are you using? I don't think they were fully charged at 44.7 volts on charge if that's what it was when it shut off. I learned a lot about this recently.
R.Boyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 11:02 PM   #3
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Here is a good sticky about batteries

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...batteries.html
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 06:59 AM   #4
Tha_B_Man
Gone Wild

Yamaha

44.7 and 37.9 sound good to me for a 36v cart. As far as volt meter and horn, I would uninstall and install. If still faulty, try a new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tha_B_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO