lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-31-2018, 09:58 PM   #1
Eyao1124
Not Yet Wild

Default + & - key switch wires

Hi All. I’m going to install a reducer this weekend and am trying to figure out which wire is + and - off the key switch on a 2014 TXT. It’s only 2 wires (no light switch).
Eyao1124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-31-2018, 10:17 PM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: + & - key switch wires

you would use the yel/white wire for the positive (or trigger wire)

Old 11-01-2018, 01:21 AM   #3
ycis
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

ha, i have this same question but for a 98txt (completely rewired with an alltrax)

I tapped into the KSI port on the alltrax directly for the key on 12v signal, and for some bizarre reason the reducer only works when pushing on the gas pedal. ie the moment you hear the noid click...all the lights in the cart come on and then go back off if you let off the gas.

is the KSI port on an alltrax only energized when the gas pedal is pressed? or is something else just wonky?
ycis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 06:44 AM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I think you answered your own question but yes. Key switch gets power from the foot switch.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 02:35 PM   #5
ycis
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

ok, so if its working as intended...what wire SHOULD be used to energize the voltage reducer with just the key on...vs having the gas pedal depressed?

I guess i was wrong in thinking the key switch would supply power itself, vs only when the gas pedal was pressed.
ycis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 10:47 AM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Well the standard wiring really doesn’t have a switched power on before go. You could get creative and rewire the circuit to make the key the first switch and the foot pedal second. Looks fairly simple. All 4 wires you need will be right next to the controller.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 45D00DDD-A72B-499E-BFA8-D39E5E286B65.jpeg (66.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-02-2018, 11:19 AM   #7
bobbycason
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

This is where I tapped into mine at. But now that I think about it this may not be ideal once something like a radio or something that takes a while to power on is hooked up, all I have hooked to it right now are headlights. Every time I switch from forward to reverse the MS2 opens (per the note at the bottom) up which kills the power source, so I may need to find a different route. I only discovered this issue this passed weekend while camping after everything was installed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Original EZGO.jpg (94.4 KB, 0 views)
bobbycason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 12:08 PM   #8
ag4ever
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyao1124 View Post
Hi All. I’m going to install a reducer this weekend and am trying to figure out which wire is + and - off the key switch on a 2014 TXT. It’s only 2 wires (no light switch).
There is no (-) at the key, only (+) supply and (+) after the key is on.

(-) will need to be tapped of the pack.
ag4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 12:59 PM   #9
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Whoops. My bad. I was reading the circuit backwards. The green wire on the key switch should be switched before the go pedal.
Old 11-02-2018, 01:53 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Ezgo did use 2 key switches. the 2 post is powered by the F&R micro switch as shown (blue wire) The Green wire is switched. This is where you want your reducer trigger wire connected.

The other person who said he got 12v off the switch has a 4 lead key switch. This is actually 2 switches in one. And it has 2 supplies, a 36v and a 12v positive. I believe the trigger wire connects to the white with yellow stripe. (36v + when key on only) Double check this with your meter. before connecting.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO