lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-15-2019, 12:17 AM   #1
BBIGGS88
Not Yet Wild

Default Two Electrical Questions EZGO TXT PDS

I have a EZGO TXT PDS and recently purchased a voltage reducer to run my lights. There is a yellow wire that is supposed to tie in to my ignition switch which brings me to the first of two questions. Where is the best place to tie this wire in at? I could run it all the way behind the dashboard, but would prefer to hook it to something in the battery compartment. Secondly, when I was looking behind the dashboard I found a solenoid looking thing which has two prongs. I found it dangling from one wire and it looks like it broke off from somewhere. There is another wire close by that looks like it should be plugged in, but I just wanted to know what is this thing? And should I reconnect it? Pictures attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190315_000530.jpg (187.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190315_000514.jpg (192.0 KB, 0 views)
BBIGGS88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-15-2019, 12:53 AM   #2
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: Two Electrical Questions EZGO TXT PDS

Reverse buzzer.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 08:24 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I have not tried this, maybe Johnnie B can confirm this should work.
The key switch appears to send powered to the controller on the white with yellow stripe wire when it is on.

Verify this at the key switch and at the other end at the controller in pin 8. Once verified you could splice the reducer into this line wire.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PDS solenoid activation.jpg (69.7 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 02:11 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The key switch appears to send powered to the controller on the white with yellow stripe wire when it is on.

Verify this at the key switch and at the other end at the controller in pin 8. Once verified you could splice the reducer into this line wire.
With a Stock PDS controller, the keyswitch only has voltage going to it when a direction is selected on the F/R, so your reducer will turned off whenever F/R is in Neutral as well as when key is off.

EZGO solved this problem when the replaced the PDS with the TXT-48 by making the keyswitch input hot whenever the Run/Tow was Run and Alltrax solved it by rerouting the pass through voltage paths within the PDS version of the XCT.

----------
FWIW: The PDS F/R is next to the keyswitch and the KSI voltage goes to the common terminal (gray wire), so it ought to be pretty easy to jumper the gray wire to the keyswitch input (yellow with white stripe). That would make the keyswitch input hot whenever the Run/Tow was in Run.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Voltage paths through PDS controller.jpg (138.9 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 09:47 PM   #5
DrLove38
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post

This how I wired my green wire on my Veego reducer.

Per JohnnieB

With a Stock PDS controller, the keyswitch only has voltage going to it when a direction is selected on the F/R, so your reducer will turned off whenever F/R is in Neutral as well as when key is off.

Way mine works.
DrLove38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 07:23 PM   #6
BBIGGS88
Not Yet Wild

Thank yall for the help. Greatly appreciated!
BBIGGS88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ignition, voltage reducer, wiring
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO