lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-04-2019, 06:28 AM   #1
ryanfoster34
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2015 Club Car Precedent battery light flashing

I have my car at a weekend home and lately when I get down there, the battery light is flashing. We always leave it plugged in when leaving and make sure it's got good water before leaving.
I just read through some posts trying to understand what might be the issue, and one thing I will do is reset the OBC to recalibrate. I'll also bring my multimeter disk to test all battery voltages and pack voltage. Any other ideas?

We bought it used, and didn't get new batteries since everything looked in great shape (and it has a battery watering system) so assume it was well maintained. Also, being 2015 it uses the ERIC charger.

Thanks in advance for any tips before I head back down this Friday.

Ryan

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
ryanfoster34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-04-2019, 08:56 AM   #2
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2015 Club Car Precedent battery light flashing

5 year old batteries ?...….you need to test them under load...

and there is no OBC to reset if you have ERIC....
Budule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 09:21 AM   #3
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

You are spot on with your testing protocols. As Budule mentioned, if those are 5 year old batteries, they are probably the issue, but your meter will confirm it for sure.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 09:25 AM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

ERIC Charge Indicator Light:
The light serves two functions and is initiated by the Curtis controller: 1) Battery low state-of-charge warning, and 2) Charging confirmation.
Battery Low State-of-Charge Warning
• The light comes on and remains solid when the battery state of charge falls below 20%.
• The light begins flashing when the battery state of charge falls below 10%.
Charging Confirmation
• The light will flash three times and the reverse buzzer simultaneously will sound three times to indicate a battery charging session has begun.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 10:03 AM   #5
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanfoster34 View Post

We bought it used, and didn't get new batteries since everything looked in great shape (and it has a battery watering system) so assume it was well maintained. Also, being 2015 it uses the ERIC charger.
As great as it sounds, that battery watering system is the downfall of many a battery. They have little check valves in the caps that get clogged and then they don't allow any water into the cell, so the cell runs dry. It's best if you only have one cart to check and fill each cell with water manually to avoid problems with the watering systems.

As mentioned before, a 5 year old original battery pack, you're best bet is going to be to replace the entire pack.

With the ERIC charger you need to update the charge algorithm in the charger to match your new batteries. It's fairly easy to do, and will make sure your new batteries get charged properly to make sure they give you the best service life.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ml#post1565814
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car