lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-07-2020, 10:37 PM   #1
cratica
Not Yet Wild

Default First Cart! (EZGO TXT Project) First issue, no tag id

Howdy all!

I have been in the market for a cart to put around our community. I found a cart in a local auction that was taken apart, repainted and new custom parts ordered but nothing installed yet. (project). It will cost me about the same as a nice used cart but I thought it would be a great project for my son and I to work on rather than have him on Minecraft 24/7. Anyhoo, the first issue is I can't tell what year it is because I can't find an id tag anywhere. (glovebox, frame rail, rear compartment, etc) I read where the number of bolts on steering column can narrow it down. Mine has 4. It appears that the motor has a date code of 2003 so most likely its around that time frame is my best guess. It's hard to order parts for this thing without knowing the year. I did find a tag that said the model was a TXTF but no year. Or if there was one it's been rubbed/worn off.

Is there any other way to find out the model year?

Thanks much!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0949.jpg (223.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0963.jpg (203.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3496.jpg (199.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5155.jpg (211.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5669.jpg (199.7 KB, 0 views)
cratica is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-08-2020, 04:39 AM   #2
GATORB8
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: First Cart! (EZGO TXT Project) First issue, no tag id

Steering rack on the axle should be 01+, which would help confirm 03..

Here’s the parts manual on ezgos website may help you narrow down specific parts https://shop.txtsv.com/vehicle/index...m_content=cta#
GATORB8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 08:52 AM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

your cart is between a 2001 and a 2006 or so.....all of the parts for those years are compatable. if you go to and online parts place when you are ordering your parts you will see for a specific part there is a year range....and thats because nearly every part is compatible from one year to the next through that year range.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 02:48 PM   #4
genoz
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cratica View Post
Howdy all!

I have been in the market for a cart to put around our community. I found a cart in a local auction that was taken apart, repainted and new custom parts ordered but nothing installed yet. (project). It will cost me about the same as a nice used cart but I thought it would be a great project for my son and I to work on rather than have him on Minecraft 24/7. Anyhoo, the first issue is I can't tell what year it is because I can't find an id tag anywhere. (glovebox, frame rail, rear compartment, etc) I read where the number of bolts on steering column can narrow it down. Mine has 4. It appears that the motor has a date code of 2003 so most likely its around that time frame is my best guess. It's hard to order parts for this thing without knowing the year. I did find a tag that said the model was a TXTF but no year. Or if there was one it's been rubbed/worn off.

Is there any other way to find out the model year?

Thanks much!
don't know the year but nice cart!
genoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 10:15 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Look under the cart, on the frame, near the gas pedal. May be another sticker with SN & date code.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 10:13 PM   #6
cratica
Not Yet Wild

Thank you all.

cgtech, there is nothing under the cart, anywhere on the frame. thx for the suggestion though.
cratica is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO