lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-18-2020, 12:06 PM   #11
Raider97
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Wiring help for XCT Alltrax and 400 amp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgray70 View Post
You read him wrong. The stripe goes to side that connects to the battery pack B+ not the controller side. Sound like you had it correct before.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Great, thanks. I should be good to go. Thanks for all the help!
Raider97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-18-2020, 12:23 PM   #12
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgray70 View Post
You read him wrong. The stripe goes to side that connects to the battery pack B+ not the controller side. Sound like you had it correct before.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
As Mr. Gray said, you read Sergio's instruction wrong.

Here is the way I had to "look" at the diode to understand which way it installed.

Forget looking at the entire fat round diode. Look _only_ at the stripe. The stripe, itself, is what you want to place closest to your battery positive on the large post. In your case your battery positive is on the left large post of the solenoid (in your picture). So, the _stripe_ , NOT the entire fat round diode, needs to be closest to that large cable.
Another way to think about it is to imagine there is no wire connected to the diode so all you have is a round fat piece with a stripe on one end. Turn the piece so the stripe is facing the battery positive cable. That's the way it should face. It doesn't matter how much wire is on the left or right of the piece.

I hope this helps you.
CCNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 08:12 AM   #13
Raider97
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for all the help, I’ve got it wired up correctly it seems.

New issues - I have voltage across battery bank and solenoid, but controller does power up or show voltage or errors. The Alltrax only gives the 5 blinks for CC acknowledgement with communication cable (USB to laptop) but will not power up. I’ve checked all the fuses I can see which is 4 of them (3 around the controller and one in the battery compartment and all look good.
Old 08-19-2020, 09:12 AM   #14
R&TBabich
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider97 View Post
.... New issues - I have voltage across battery bank and solenoid, but controller does power up or show voltage or errors. The Alltrax only gives the 5 blinks for CC acknowledgement with communication cable (USB to laptop) but will not power up. I’ve checked all the fuses I can see which is 4 of them (3 around the controller and one in the battery compartment and all look good.
The Alltrax controller will power up when connected to my computer on my desk by getting power thru the USB port. The fuses on the cart aren't your problem. You could try disconnecting everything to the controller to see if it will work.
R&TBabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 10:44 AM   #15
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

You can use the Alltrax monitor to narrow the problem.

Look at the Forward and Reverse indicators to see if they light up as you move the FNR.

If they don't, check the 15 amp fuse and the Tow/Run toggle switch circuit.

If the direction indicators work, check the KSI indicator as You turn the Key Switch ON/OFF.

If it does not light up, the issue is with the key switch, perhaps a wire came loose on the back.

The 30 amp fuse is for the charger receptacle.

The 2 amp fuse is not used as it is intended for the LIN bus.

The fuse in the battery compartment is for the accessories.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 01:28 PM   #16
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider97 View Post
Thanks for all the help, I’ve got it wired up correctly it seems.

New issues - I have voltage across battery bank and solenoid, but controller does power up or show voltage or errors. The Alltrax only gives the 5 blinks for CC acknowledgement with communication cable (USB to laptop) but will not power up. I’ve checked all the fuses I can see which is 4 of them (3 around the controller and one in the battery compartment and all look good.
Mine was doing the same. I just went out to garage to check to see if I could duplicate the problem. Here is what I found.

With laptop _disconnected_ (but cable still plugged into controller) and key switched to ON, the green light shows solid. Also, in F or R the green light shows solid, with no depression of the Go pedal.

I switched the Key OFF and connected my laptop. Green light on controller started blinking 5 short blinks. Then Switched Key ON and controller light turned solid green.

I turned key OFF, disconnected my laptop.
Turned key ON, THEN connected my laptop and controller light shows solid green.

It seems the blinking controller light has to do with where the controller is drawing its power - from the laptop or the cart batteries. It seems that way to me based upon the above. Also, goes along with what R&TBabich explained.

The other day I had my laptop plugged in, made some changes to the settings, clicked SET and drove around the neighborhood. It was only after I got back home and was putting the cover back on the bagwell area that I noticed the light was blinking and had apparently been blinking the entire time I was driving around. I checked the app for errors and showed none and all my settings had been saved. I had connected my laptop before I turned on the key.

I have no other explanation as to why the light blinks at times when you think it should not. Would love for someone else to tell me if I am correct or if there is a problem I am unaware of.
Old 08-19-2020, 02:13 PM   #17
Raider97
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Scotty helped me figure it out...I had one wire that was not connected...duh. It was the tow/run switch with “continuity wire test" label. Connected and it runs now. All good now! Thanks for everyone's input and assistance! JJ
Old 08-19-2020, 02:36 PM   #18
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

That's great news! I did not understand from your post that the cart would not run. Sorry about that. Just happy that it's fixed.

Tags
400 amp sol, xct alltrax
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car