lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-26-2020, 06:59 PM   #1
lenti89
Not Yet Wild

Default Flooded 2014 TXT Fleet EZGO project

Hey everyone,

I am working on repairing my flooded 2014 EZGO TXT Fleet golf cart. I have gone through and replaced most of the parts that were under water. Right now I am trying to figure out if the Curtis Controller that is in there is dead. (I have also budgeted in a new motor but I wanted to get everything else working to make sure the motor was actually dead before I bought it.

I replaced the charging receptacle and the batteries charged to full charge. I replaced the forward and reverse switch (more on this later). I have replaced all of the battery cables. I have a new solenoid in. I have also replaced the microchip and ITS in the pedal box as well as a new harness from the pedal box to the controller. The water did not reach the key switch or the headlight switch and those seem to be working ok.

After I replaced all of that I switched the forward/reverse switch into reverse I get no buzzer sound. I was getting the buzzer when I first replaced the switch but now nothing. I have followed the wires and I think it goes through the controller so I think the controller is bad. Before I replace the controller, is there way to test to see if it is working.
lenti89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-26-2020, 09:02 PM   #2
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: Flooded 2014 TXT Fleet EZGO project

I would test the motor first and work back from there. The best way IMHO to test the controller would be with a working motor and you have to have that anyway.

The key switch, micro switches, buzzer etc. are trivial items compared to having a working motor and rear end.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 09:50 PM   #3
lenti89
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post

I would test the motor first and work back from there. The best way IMHO to test the controller would be with a working motor and you have to have that anyway.

The key switch, micro switches, buzzer etc. are trivial items compared to having a working motor and rear end.
Appreciate the welcome.

You are probably correct on working from the motor back.

Do you know, would a bad controller prevent the solenoid from clicking?
lenti89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 10:15 PM   #4
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenti89 View Post
Appreciate the welcome.

You are probably correct on working from the motor back.

Do you know, would a bad controller prevent the solenoid from clicking?
You will have to ask one of the EZ GO guys about the solenoid question. Some controllers affect the solenoid, some do not.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO