lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-02-2020, 08:09 AM   #1
DB Cooper
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 2016 RXV with MadJax Healight and Taillight Kit - Add Turn Signals

Hi,
I've got a 2016 RXV, it has the MadJax headlight/taillight kit. I want to add turn signals at a minimum. I found some cool side mirrors with LED turn signals on both sides, I'd be fine just using those and not messing with the headlights. However, I can't find a simple turn signal stalk that isn't part of some huge harness system. Does anyone know of one?

Also, on the MadJax site, it says the headlights are upgradeable, and the harness has extra connectors throughout it, but the MadJax street legal kit is crazy expensive.

I already have a horn, but just wanting a very simple turn signal feature, I don't think I really even need brake lights, just turn signals.

Basically, thinking I might just get something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Mirror-Univer...1644133&sr=8-4

However, I need a turn signal control mechanism/turn signal stalk. Any suggestions?
DB Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-02-2020, 09:58 AM   #2
Chevota Guy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2016 RXV with MadJax Healight and Taillight Kit - Add Turn Signals

I have a 2016 body on my RXV that had the Madjax LED light kit. I wanted to add turn signals and brake lights. I wound up purchasing the Madjax ultimate light kit, which is not what you want to do. There was quite a difference between the two harnesses even though the original one was said to be upgradeable.

The original harness had a 9 pin connection on the main harness whereas the new kit has a 15 pin connector. When I looked for an upgrade I couldn't locate any type of stand alone turn signal kit that was compatible other than through the OEM.
Chevota Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 10:44 AM   #3
webwarmiller
Not Yet Wild

I don't know the Madjax Harness, but if there are wires in its harness for turn signals then you can use pretty much any turn signal switch.

I used this $16 switch (currently unavailable put plenty other sellers): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And this $8 relay: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I added turn signals to my '96 TXT freedom by tapping into the existing wiring harness. I had already added a brake switch and attached is the diagram I drew up for my application. If your existing harness has wires for Rear Left, Rear Right, Front Left, and Front Right flashers then you would just need to follow my diagram but account for the differences in your harness vs the factory EZGO harness my cart has. Also, since you don't have a brake light switch, just omit it in the diagram.

FWIW the blue unused wire from the harness is for the indicator lights within the harness itself. These switches expect automotive 12V negative ground applications but our carts aren't negative ground. I'm sure I could have found a work around but I really didn't care about having the indicator lights on the switch working. I also could have made the turn signals only work when the cart was 'on' by using a relay but didn't bother.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Turn_Signal_wiring_diagram.jpg (75.5 KB, 0 views)
webwarmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 02:48 PM   #4
DB Cooper
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks, I've been searching but haven't been able to find a black simple stalk, will keep searching. It appears my MadJax LEDs have a turn signal component, I'm hoping I can tap in to the stalk. Here are some pictures of my front bad back lights, thoughts?

Old 10-06-2020, 10:33 AM   #5
DB Cooper
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Bumping this, looking for any input on how I can tap into these MadJax harnesses for turn signals with a more universal hot-rod style turn signal?
Old 10-06-2020, 12:04 PM   #6
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Madjax has an upgrade kit for the basic light kit that includes the turn signal stalk but it also includes a horn and a brake pad that you don't need/want. The kit includes the harness which looks to be plug n play, the signal stalk, steering column cover for harness, brake pad and horn. Not crazy expensive but not cheap either. A simple google search found it but PM me if you want the link as it isn't a site sponsor.

Also the picture of your headlights looks like you have the ones with DRL's. If true are they functional? If not there is a video of how to hook them up if you're interested.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 04:49 PM   #7
DB Cooper
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
Madjax has an upgrade kit for the basic light kit that includes the turn signal stalk but it also includes a horn and a brake pad that you don't need/want. The kit includes the harness which looks to be plug n play, the signal stalk, steering column cover for harness, brake pad and horn. Not crazy expensive but not cheap either. A simple google search found it but PM me if you want the link as it isn't a site sponsor.

Also the picture of your headlights looks like you have the ones with DRL's. If true are they functional? If not there is a video of how to hook them up if you're interested.
Will send a PM as I was confused while on MadJax site.

To the other point, I don't have any DRL running. Switch on, headlight on, switch off, headlight off.
Old 10-06-2020, 05:48 PM   #8
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Here is the link to the video on activating the DRL function on your headlights assuming you have them (looks like it from the picture) and you want that feature.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7ilwcnnzoo
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 05:58 PM   #9
DB Cooper
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
Here is the link to the video on activating the DRL function on your headlights assuming you have them (looks like it from the picture) and you want that feature.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7ilwcnnzoo
Thanks mate! Yeah I saw the connector just tied into itself. Fortunately I could do this easily since I have a 12V bus bar right in the front cowl area. I'll test this theory out, but honestly not sure I want/need DRL, but always fun to play around.
Old 10-06-2020, 06:18 PM   #10
DB Cooper
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I watched the end of the video which shows the DRLs which are that sort of L under light design that you see on Audis/Lexus/etc, and they look real cool, so yeah will definitely work on this this weekend!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO