lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-07-2020, 06:55 PM   #11
DB Cooper
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2016 RXV with MadJax Healight and Taillight Kit - Add Turn Signals

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
Here is the link to the video on activating the DRL function on your headlights assuming you have them (looks like it from the picture) and you want that feature.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7ilwcnnzoo
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

I went ahead and did this, it came out GREAT:

DB Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-15-2020, 06:53 PM   #12
DB Cooper
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I ended up getting the Ultimate Light Kit upgrade and was able to get turn signals and hazards working without too much effort. Made a quick video, but this is what I wanted. I didn't attack the brake lights or horn since I already have the latter and wasn't hugely sold on the pad brake thingy.

Thanks for all the help:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwJwAUerocE
DB Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 01:58 PM   #13
shinyside
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by webwarmiller View Post
I don't know the Madjax Harness, but if there are wires in its harness for turn signals then you can use pretty much any turn signal switch.

I used this $16 switch (currently unavailable put plenty other sellers): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And this $8 relay: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I added turn signals to my '96 TXT freedom by tapping into the existing wiring harness. I had already added a brake switch and attached is the diagram I drew up for my application. If your existing harness has wires for Rear Left, Rear Right, Front Left, and Front Right flashers then you would just need to follow my diagram but account for the differences in your harness vs the factory EZGO harness my cart has. Also, since you don't have a brake light switch, just omit it in the diagram.

FWIW the blue unused wire from the harness is for the indicator lights within the harness itself. These switches expect automotive 12V negative ground applications but our carts aren't negative ground. I'm sure I could have found a work around but I really didn't care about having the indicator lights on the switch working. I also could have made the turn signals only work when the cart was 'on' by using a relay but didn't bother.
In an effort to not hijack a thread I sent you a PM. You seem like you have a pretty decent understanding of wiring, and I would love to pick your brain with a few questions if possible. Thank you!!
shinyside is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO