lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-02-2020, 10:41 AM   #1
AnotherJoe
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Weak Roof Struts

So I'm thinking that this roof strut set up is garbage. Not sure why Club Car wouldn't tie these to the frame? Just bolted to some plastic.

Looks like I'll have to get something a little more heavy duty fab'd at my shop and make some mod's to tie them to the frame. Was thinking 1 1/2" would also make me more comfortable.

Anyone on here done anything about this? Not really looking for a cage, just something that makes more sense than the factory set up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20201002_110239.jpg (188.8 KB, 0 views)
AnotherJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-02-2020, 10:57 AM   #2
SouthCo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Weak Roof Struts

Is the roof moving around on you? If not you may leave it and see how it goes. I agree they could have tied the roof to the frame, but I put a 80" roof on the DS I had and never had any issues. It made many long trips in the back of my pickup truck to campgrounds at 65mph and roof still didn't cause me any issues...
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 11:07 AM   #3
AnotherJoe
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Yea, it is moving quite a bit because I mounted a pretty decent sized Froghead box up front. Also thinking of the safety aspect of it, no roll over protection currently and I have a teenage boy and one who's 11 that both like to drive.
Old 10-02-2020, 11:32 AM   #4
SouthCo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Makes sense to improve it then. I wish I could weld. I wanted to section the supports on mine to drop the roof about 3”. Good luck and post up when you get it worked out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 01:19 PM   #5
AnotherJoe
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Will do. Where are you at? I grew up in MD, PG, Bowie to be exact, then lived in West River for about 8 years before moving to NC. My brother's still up there in Calvert Co.
Old 10-03-2020, 02:53 PM   #6
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

I had the same problem on an Onward - and my buddy's got a Precedent that it's happening to now. Those parts are garbage, it's really too bad... I have a back up set now just in case, they weren't easy to get.
Dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car