lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-11-2020, 06:12 AM   #1
Csaavedra
Not Yet Wild

Default Just purchased a navitas 440 for my dcs did i make a mistake

So I’m new to the golfcart game. My son wanted a project so i figured a cart was a great idea for us and his 10th bday was coming up. (I will be driving him around)
I got a DCS ezgo that needed batteries and a controller. I got a set of batteries. And went with the navitas 440a Bluetooth and on the fly selector. After bumping around this site, I think I made a mistake with the navitas. Everyone seems to hate on them. Im not looking to make the cart do 25 mph. I just wanted a more reliable controller since the old owner told me that the dcs ezgos would burn up controllers when run on low voltage. Im kind of stuck on the f/r switch. The cart has no reverse. The old owner explained that the controller was to blame. The switch assembly seams to ha both switches activated simultaneously while in reverse. Not sure if this is normal. Any help would be appreciated.
Csaavedra is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-11-2020, 12:14 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Just purchased a navitas 440 for my dcs did i make a mistake

The two switches should be called Run and Reverse. Only Run is activated in forward while both Run and Reverse are activated in reverse.

Here are pictures of cam and switches with F/R selector in Forward, Neutral and Reverse. Plus a schematic of a DCS drive system.

If cart run in F but not in R, then the problem is either the controller is not being told to do reverse (IE: pack voltage on Pin-4), or controller is not doing what it is being told to do, or the controller is not being told to run when R is selected (IE: pack voltage on Pin-6) If solenoid clicks when pedal is pushed while in R, the problem is one of the first two listed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg forward.jpg (181.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg neutral.jpg (169.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg reverse.jpg (172.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - Late DCS - No Diode.JPG (88.9 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 02:14 PM   #3
Csaavedra
Not Yet Wild

This is exactly what what was looking for. I ordered the navitas 44Oamp controller so that should take care of it. Also two new F/R micro switches
Old 10-11-2020, 02:48 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csaavedra View Post
This is exactly what what was looking for. I ordered the navitas 44Oamp controller so that should take care of it. Also two new F/R micro switches
The DCS F/R assembly can be replaced with a DPDT/center-off toggle switch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fnr2.jpg (91.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg fnr7.jpg (76.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Replace Later Type DCS FNR with DPDT switch.jpg (92.0 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 10:11 AM   #5
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If you do replace the F/R switch as JohnnieB demonstrated you can use the President switch and housing. It holds the switch upright and works well.

https://www.nivelparts.com/product/1887/f-r-housing
https://www.nivelparts.com/product/3...cedent-2004-up

Note: On your Navitas setup on a DCS the controller will be "off" when in "N". If you are connected bluetooth to the controller and switch between F/R you will lose connection. This is not the fault of the controller but, the DCS harness. So when programming and doing other stuff make sure you stay in either F or R. When you connect to see statistics while driving make sure you are in "F" before connecting as well.

The Navitas controller is a good controller. I have installed quite a few of them... Both the TSX3 and TAC2. Never had a single problem with them ever. Their tech support is excellent. If you have an issue jump onto Facebook and join the GCMod group. The techs hang out there quite often and will answer any question you have. As well, the majority of certified installers etc... will also provide insight help and support.

If you have a problem send me a message as well. I can get you in touch with Navitas tech support.
Imapled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 01:23 PM   #6
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Hopefully you'll have better luck than I did with it.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 03:53 PM   #7
Csaavedra
Not Yet Wild

Thank you
Old 10-16-2020, 06:04 PM   #8
itsmedjchuckd
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I had the same problem with my controller, it was a Curtis tho. Had to replace.
itsmedjchuckd is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO