lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-27-2020, 06:46 PM   #11
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: TXT 48 Speed Controller question

I would highly doubt that the profile information changed because of low battery voltage or the like. Those parameters are stored on a chip in the controller that doesn’t have a battery backup. Are the brakes dragging?
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-29-2020, 02:35 PM   #12
droppingdeuces79
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
I would highly doubt that the profile information changed because of low battery voltage or the like. Those parameters are stored on a chip in the controller that doesn’t have a battery backup. Are the brakes dragging?
It's not the breaks, I can hear and feel the motor slowing it down as compared to how it previously ran. It wants to take off fast but quickly levels out at 10mph.

I'm not sure what else it can be, I'd swapped the speed sensor and throttle sensor.
droppingdeuces79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 04:05 PM   #13
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If that controller somehow reverted to a more restricted mode on its own without someone commanding it with a scan tool,or possibly a repair, it will be the first time that has ever been reported on this forum in the last 10 plus years I've been active here. Not just EZGO either. Club Car and Yamaha also. ( assumes my memory is still functional--iffy)
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 03:42 PM   #14
droppingdeuces79
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
If that controller somehow reverted to a more restricted mode on its own without someone commanding it with a scan tool,or possibly a repair, it will be the first time that has ever been reported on this forum in the last 10 plus years I've been active here. Not just EZGO either. Club Car and Yamaha also. ( assumes my memory is still functional--iffy)
Any other suggestions as to what would make the cart operate at half the previous speed?
Old 11-01-2020, 03:48 PM   #15
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Have you tried pushing it to see if the rollaway braking works? Also where are you located?
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 04:46 PM   #16
droppingdeuces79
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Have you tried pushing it to see if the rollaway braking works? Also where are you located?
Does the cart have to be in forward or reverse to test this? I think you're mentioning the beeping? It doesn't beep when I push it, though it is resisting as compared to being in tow mode. This was a problem I had before and swapped the speed sensor which resolved. I bought another one and didn't correct it. Not sure if it can be the magnet in the motor.

I'm in South East Florida.
Old 11-02-2020, 07:53 PM   #17
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

So one time a speed sensor resolved the problem but, this time it does not? Check the speed sensor wiring?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 09:52 AM   #18
droppingdeuces79
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
So one time a speed sensor resolved the problem but, this time it does not? Check the speed sensor wiring?
I wouldn't say problem was identical. When I first replaced speed sensor the cart speed was more erratic. It would start fast and dramatically slow down. In this case the speed seems consistent. It will accelerate to the 10mph quickly but stay there. Basically pushing accelerator halfway is same as full press.

It seems weird that something shorted the solenoid and then the speed is suddenly cut in half. The wiring seems fine, no obvious issues through visual inspection.
Old 11-05-2020, 10:08 AM   #19
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Have you done any testing on batteries? Load tests? Individual voltage? Running them dry on two occasions is definitely not good for them. What's the date code on them. Might be the source of all your issues.
jneubig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 01:32 PM   #20
droppingdeuces79
Not Yet Wild

Each battery reads 8 volts and 50/52 when using first and last in series to test. I drove down road with multimeter connected and was showing 48 as I drive pedal down.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO