lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-06-2020, 12:16 PM   #31
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: TXT 48 Speed Controller question

Quote:
Originally Posted by droppingdeuces79 View Post
Unfortunately in South Florida, the only hills are the garbage dumps off the highway.

I'm tempted to want to buy or build a cable and tinker with the Curtis software. It's unfortunate that they lock these settings in like this.
You can still check if the regen braking is kicking in. I know you said you can feel it, but the pack voltage rapidly increasing when you take your foot off the pedal while traveling at top speed on level pavement.

If it does, I'm pretty sure the mode has changed and you'll need a Curtis handheld programmer or something similar to change it back, maybe more.

Personally, I'd replace the Curtis 1206HB with an Alltrax XCT48400-TXT48 and be done with it. The XCT is user programmable via an USB cable from a laptop or similar device and the programming software is free from Alltrax.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-07-2020, 09:17 AM   #32
droppingdeuces79
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
You can still check if the regen braking is kicking in. I know you said you can feel it, but the pack voltage rapidly increasing when you take your foot off the pedal while traveling at top speed on level pavement.

If it does, I'm pretty sure the mode has changed and you'll need a Curtis handheld programmer or something similar to change it back, maybe more.

Personally, I'd replace the Curtis 1206HB with an Alltrax XCT48400-TXT48 and be done with it. The XCT is user programmable via an USB cable from a laptop or similar device and the programming software is free from Alltrax.
Thanks JohnnieB and all for the help and guidance. I'll test the voltage and look into maybe changing the controller. Any reputable site you guys can recommend or is that frowned upon here?
droppingdeuces79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 11:29 AM   #33
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Sponsors are a good place to start.. Wish you were closer because I would love to hook up a laptop and go through the settings.. Inquiring minds want to know
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 01:34 PM   #34
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Thanks JohnnieB and all for the help and guidance. I'll test the voltage and look into maybe changing the controller. Any reputable site you guys can recommend or is that frowned upon here?
The site sponsors are the recommended places to buy from: https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/site-sponsors.php

I've bought just about all of my cart's upgrades from this site sponsor: https://www.cartsunlimited.net/alltrax-xct-sepex--.html
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 11:35 AM   #35
droppingdeuces79
Not Yet Wild

I just wanted to update the thread. I ordered the Altrax XCT 400 from one of the recommended sponsors, just installed and topped out at 22mph. Safe to say the curtis controller somehow reset to a factory setting. Thank you all for your help. It seems it's recommended to upgrade my solenoid to something at least 200a. I'm not sure what I currently have in there but I guess that's the next upgrade.
Old 11-27-2020, 12:45 PM   #36
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Thank you. I clocked it at only 10mph now and everything is pointing to the mode getting changed.

Back to an earlier question, is that something to be expected where a setting can change without programming it? I'd imagine like any computer it probably has some type of battery to maintain minimal settings, I'm just wondering if when I disconnected all power if that somehow could reset it.

I was topped at 21mph before all this and I could feel the coast if I released the accelerator. Now I feel the motor itself is holding it back.

@cgtech that isn't very helpful.
It sounds like the solenoid failed mid-operation and corrupted the controller. This can happen if power is lost suddenly during operation.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 07:19 PM   #37
droppingdeuces79
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
It sounds like the solenoid failed mid-operation and corrupted the controller. This can happen if power is lost suddenly during operation.
This is what happened, solenoid failed while driving.
Old 11-27-2020, 11:40 PM   #38
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Wow. Learned something new. dd if you decide to get rid of that controller let me know as I would love to hook it up with a developer level cable and laptop to see what it thinks happened.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 08:34 AM   #39
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Wow. Learned something new. dd if you decide to get rid of that controller let me know as I would love to hook it up with a developer level cable and laptop to see what it thinks happened.
Yea, it should have an interesting error log to investigate. I end up with a collection of failed controllers that all have tales to tell. I have a 1206HB-5201 that literally smoked the FETs and PCB, yet the logic section escaped harm. It literally passes all diagnostics at the logic level, but cannot operate beyond that. LOL
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 04:36 PM   #40
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Have you ran your hand and eyes along the wire from the speed sensor to the controller? I'm gonna site 3 examples i have had in the past that gave similar characteristics.....

1. Had the speed sensor wireless rubbed "raw" where it goes around the battery cage. Replaced wire and cart ran normally.

2. Checked wire and everything was intact but found a loose pin in the metripak connector above the motor. Repeated pin and cart ran fine.

3. All wires and connectors were tight and well connected.. tried new wire and new speed sensor, same issue. Replaced controller with known good used controller, cart ran fine. Upon request of customer, installed Alltrax.

I'm in central Florida or I would say bring it by my shop and I would plug in and see what the settings are.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO